Windows 10: Settings bouncing up and down

Discus and support Settings bouncing up and down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As of today, whenever I go into Settings and open a page or expand an option that causes a scroll bar to appear, the page will jump to the bottom, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FrustrationIncarnate, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Settings bouncing up and down

As of today, whenever I go into Settings and open a page or expand an option that causes a scroll bar to appear, the page will jump to the bottom, then bounce back up, repeatably, non-stop. If the window is inactive, the jumping stops and I can scroll normally with the mouse wheel... Clicking on anything reactivates the window however, causing the jumping to resume.

ONLY happens in the Settings window; NOT happening in browsers, apps, or other navigation windows (such as Downloads, Program Files, etc).

No updates or changes have been made today or last night that I am aware of.

Windows 10 64 bit Home, HP Pavilion Desktop 590-Po066

Wireless Mouse & Keyboard with fresh batteries

Edit: Sometimes the scrolling locks part way down the page, letting me scroll to that point & back, but no further.

Using Tab to jump between options worked for a bit, but now gets bounced back up & down as well.

:)

FrustrationIncarnate, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Settings bouncing up and down

WIFI bounces in and out

Hi Jean,

Based on the details provided, it is possible that your network connection components and TCP/IP were reconfigured
    during every update. We recommend that you reset and reconfigure your TCP/IP and see if there are any changes:

Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh
        int
        ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your network connection.

Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh
        int
        tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp
        set global
        autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Settings bouncing up and down

1. Settings bouncing up and down - Similar Threads - Settings bouncing down

2. windows settings shut down & Headset W/ mic set up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows settings shut down & Headset W/ mic set up: My main problem is that I cant seem to get my mic from my headset to work for any of my programs even though the headset is selected for all of them. The mic is working, I can listen to myself when I go through the properties, but nothing else. I also tried to see if it was...
  3. Start menu / Settings tile selection bouncing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu / Settings tile selection bouncing: https://youtu.be/bVrhRzH1k7w So recently after a fresh install of Windows 10 I've ran into a very annoying issue where the tile selection in the start menu and settings etc. bounces around like crazy so bad so I can't even click on a tile to open it any thoughts on what...
  4. Bounce keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bounce keys: Is there any way to assign bounce keys to certain keys only and not all the keys? submitted by /u/Shrvan7h [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7qc66/bounce_keys/
  5. Bouncing Settings

Bouncing Settings: Hi, i am having issues since pressing the windows key and P. i was thought this ahortcut was for aomething else but it appears to be a projection settings shortcut. the monitor went blank for a while and then one came on i have 2 monitors but was flickering. I tried...
  6. bounced emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    bounced emails: I am getting some emails 'bounced' Can you tell me why and how I can fix this. I am with @nf.sympatico.ca https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bounced-emails/86f3d15c-0d4d-45f2-9f9c-b82f7050c6a3
  7. Bouncing emails

Bouncing emails: I use Microsoft Outlook. About a week ago my incoming emails starting bouncing back to senders "Permanent Error". I get the emails eventually but senders don't thing they are coming thru....
  8. Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Setting up Drop Down Menus with Color: I have two Excel spreadsheets that I drew up to help people in the office track their days off and whether they use sick, annual, holiday or admin leave, in addition to filling in the regular calendar. I created drop down menus to facilitate that. In the first spreadsheet,...
  9. screen bouncing around

screen bouncing around: Just in the last few days, my screen and keyboard seems to have a mind of its own. My screen will bounce off, then on, then off the internet completely. I can be on a secured site (banking) and the screen will disappear and I'm looking at my MSNBC screen. There doesn't...
  10. Pictures/Screen/Menus bounce up and down when I try to click anything

Pictures/Screen/Menus bounce up and down when I try to click anything: So each time I open a picture, or try to do anything with my computer, the screen i am currently on bounces up and down rapidly. It does not let me click on anything. I have looked at a few threads here, but nothing i have seen works because as soon as i try to do what it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What causes bouce back of settings on laptop

2. windows settings menus bouncing