Windows 10: Settings closes when I open pages

Discus and support Settings closes when I open pages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I initiate settings it will open however when I try to navigate some functions or pages inside settings it will crash and it will take too long to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by newell.douglas8, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Settings closes when I open pages

When I initiate settings it will open however when I try to navigate some functions or pages inside settings it will crash and it will take too long to close. I need to manually close it thru task manager and open it again. I restart the computer but it acted the same. I run anti virus scan using third party app but detect nothing. Settings still the same.

:)

newell.douglas8, Sep 29, 2022
  2. Martmcd Win User

How to close edge that is locked into a hostile web page?

• if it will let you, click on the 3 dots on the top right and go to settings, under 'open with' make sure that previous pages is not selected.
    • close Edge using Task Manager
    • search for a web address in Cortana (eg type www.google.co.uk into Cortana)
      Edge will open with your selected sit and the dodgy one, do not click on any other tabs.
    • close edge in the normal way (i.e. click the X)

Edge should now open normally, you can change the setting back if you wish.

[edit] if it wont let you do step 1 do steps 2&3 then start at 1 again

Martmcd, Sep 29, 2022
  3. john3650 Win User
    Edge home pages

Since the latest Edge update, it will not open on my home pages, only an MS page.
    Settings are set to open on home pages, but it doesn't, although home page button still works.
    I have deleted all the pages from start list, opened the pages, put pages back in, but it still wont open with them.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

john3650, Sep 29, 2022
  4. theking2 Win User

Settings closes when I open pages

Start page is not saved

After I went to a complicated set of steps

Clicking ...

• select Settings
    • select A specific page
    • select Custom from the list
    • enter my favourite page
    • removing About:start
    And I close and open Edge the default page is still shown

How do I change the start page in Edge?

theking2, Sep 29, 2022
Thema:

Settings closes when I open pages

1. Settings closes when I open pages - Similar Threads - Settings closes open

2. Can’t access Bluetooth setting/ When I click on Bluetooth in settings the settings page closes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access Bluetooth setting/ When I click on Bluetooth in settings the settings page closes.: Hello to who it may concern.I am using an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with windows 11 and am having a problem with my Bluetooth settings. For whatever reason when I want to try and check my Bluetooth settings in the settings app it instantly closes the settings page. I have tried...
  3. Can’t access Bluetooth setting/ When I click on Bluetooth in settings the settings page closes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t access Bluetooth setting/ When I click on Bluetooth in settings the settings page closes.: Hello to who it may concern.I am using an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with windows 11 and am having a problem with my Bluetooth settings. For whatever reason when I want to try and check my Bluetooth settings in the settings app it instantly closes the settings page. I have tried...
  4. Settings closes when I open pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings closes when I open pages: When I initiate settings it will open however when I try to navigate some functions or pages inside settings it will crash and it will take too long to close. I need to manually close it thru task manager and open it again. I restart the computer but it acted the same. I run...
  5. Settings closes when I open pages

Settings closes when I open pages: When I initiate settings it will open however when I try to navigate some functions or pages inside settings it will crash and it will take too long to close. I need to manually close it thru task manager and open it again. I restart the computer but it acted the same. I run...
  6. When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes .: So , I Just started my laptop and it said "services.exe is now configured to services.exe run at startup " . Then i got a threat which is the services.exe , so i removed it through the security app . and now When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes . in...
  7. When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes .

When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes .: So , I Just started my laptop and it said "services.exe is now configured to services.exe run at startup " . Then i got a threat which is the services.exe , so i removed it through the security app . and now When I Open Startup Apps Setting it gets suspended and closes . in...
  8. Windows setting instantly closes when i try to open it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows setting instantly closes when i try to open it: So when i open it it instantly closes i tried accesing it from diffrent ways like personalization but still wont the only possible way i got close to accesing it was Windows antivirus i closes right when i open the normal settings and i get this when trying to open it from...
  9. Apps section of settings immediately closes when i try to open it

Apps section of settings immediately closes when i try to open it: i am trying to open the apps part of setting and it will close down before i can open it, the problem is only happening in my personal profile and not on the administrator profile, also there is no option to boot my pc in repair mode and when i try sfc scan i get the 'windows...
  10. When i open my settings it flickes then closes

When i open my settings it flickes then closes: So yesterday i restarted my computer, then I picked wrong language. I was going to open my settings it flicked and it closes or crashes. I have been searching how to fix it and i have tried almost every video. And nothing works i have downloaded a Microsoft troubleshooter and...