Windows 10: Settings cog in start not show

Discus and support Settings cog in start not show in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I replace the Settings cog in Windows 10 Start.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bairn_966, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Bairn_966 Win User

Settings cog in start not show

How can I replace the Settings cog in Windows 10 Start.

:)

Bairn_966, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Settings cog in start not show - Similar Threads - Settings cog start

2. Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in...: Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in middle of white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-access-display-settings-to-set-up-second/24c8f288-ce6f-48fc-b935-82cb7a4c0863
  3. Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in...: Trying to access display settings to set up second monitor but just getting grey cog in middle of white screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-access-display-settings-to-set-up-second/24c8f288-ce6f-48fc-b935-82cb7a4c0863
  4. Clicking "Control Center" cog on taskbar brings up notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking "Control Center" cog on taskbar brings up notifications: Clicking the cog on taskbar brings up the notification pane instead of a little popup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clicking-control-center-cog-on-taskbar-brings-up/4f5f42b0-b839-4a6e-94be-3e7cefc4f5e5
  5. my start and settings don't show up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my start and settings don't show up: i downloaded windows pro superlite on my pc and for some reason it didn't have start or settings is there a fix? i already tried scanning it and stuff using command prompt but it didn't work if you know why or have a solution then i'd like to know...
  6. my start and settings don't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my start and settings don't show up: i downloaded windows pro superlite on my pc and for some reason it didn't have start or settings is there a fix? i already tried scanning it and stuff using command prompt but it didn't work if you know why or have a solution then i'd like to know...
  7. my start and settings don't show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Setting in Windows 10 will open, only to the cog, then window closes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting in Windows 10 will open, only to the cog, then window closes: Hi, My friend had a problem, and I think I pretty much have it straightened out I think I run the repair, the problem I am having is that I open the settings and a screen blue comes up with a cog in the middle and after about a minute it closes without bringing all the...
  9. Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Settings show more tiles disappeared: Hi all, please help me to solve this problem. I am using Windows 10 Home edition. After i formatted it (still the same edition), i found that my Start Settings is different. This Settings suppose look like this, [img] BUT, RIGHT NOW, it look like this, [img]...
  10. My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.: Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just wondered if this issue I am having with my settings screen is a common problem, and if there is a fix for it? I just upgraded my system yesterday, from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I wanted to go into the settings to check out how the...