Windows 10: settings crash

Discus and support settings crash in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello i can not enter the system section in settings app.as soon as i tap on the system the settings crashes and freezes.other sections work fine.i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sinachek, Aug 4, 2021.

1. sinachek Win User

settings crash

hello i can not enter the system section in settings app.as soon as i tap on the system the settings crashes and freezes.other sections work fine.i tried to access it by using the search bar and the same thing happened.

:)

sinachek, Aug 4, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

settings crash

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

settings crash

1. settings crash - Similar Threads - settings crash

2. Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section: I can't even unstiall or reset any appsIncluding Settings anymore because settings keeps on crashing everytime I open the install app section, I've tried reseting it trough command prompt and powershell but it doesn't fix it, I've even tried to repair my windows 11 but It...
  3. Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section: I can't even unstiall or reset any appsIncluding Settings anymore because settings keeps on crashing everytime I open the install app section, I've tried reseting it trough command prompt and powershell but it doesn't fix it, I've even tried to repair my windows 11 but It...
  4. Windows 10 laptop won't show WiFi networks, Network & Internet settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop won't show WiFi networks, Network & Internet settings app crashes: Currently trying to use my laptop on a new network for the first time in a long time, and after never having issues with connecting to WiFi at home, it's unable to find the WiFi at my workplace because the box of networks just won't load, the five loading dots just spin...
  5. Windows 10 laptop won't show WiFi networks, Network & Internet settings app crashes

Windows 10 laptop won't show WiFi networks, Network & Internet settings app crashes: Currently trying to use my laptop on a new network for the first time in a long time, and after never having issues with connecting to WiFi at home, it's unable to find the WiFi at my workplace because the box of networks just won't load, the five loading dots just spin...
  6. Windows 10 laptop won't show WiFi networks, Network & Internet settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. So i was playing a game i changed the settings to 144 hertz and it crashed, i made a usb...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i was playing a game i changed the settings to 144 hertz and it crashed, i made a usb...: I’ve tried booting it from the usb and it won’t work, i tried going to the blue screen with the troubleshooting option but it won’t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-was-playing-a-game-i-changed-the-settings-to/ff963c00-088a-499d-9188-e9f54215e2a4
  8. So i was playing a game i changed the settings to 144 hertz and it crashed, i made a usb...

So i was playing a game i changed the settings to 144 hertz and it crashed, i made a usb...: I’ve tried booting it from the usb and it won’t work, i tried going to the blue screen with the troubleshooting option but it won’t work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-was-playing-a-game-i-changed-the-settings-to/ff963c00-088a-499d-9188-e9f54215e2a4
  9. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately: I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I...
  10. Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately

Network & Internet Settings will not open and crash immediately: I started experiencing this issue earlier today when I started my Windows 10 PC. It failed to start and said it encountered an error. After two tries windows finally booted up and once I was into my desktop it failed to connect to the internet. To remedy this issue I...