Windows 10: settings crash

Discus and support settings crash in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello i can not enter the system section in settings app.as soon as i tap on the system the settings crashes and freezes.other sections work fine.i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sinachek, Aug 4, 2021.

1. sinachek Win User

settings crash

hello i can not enter the system section in settings app.as soon as i tap on the system the settings crashes and freezes.other sections work fine.i tried to access it by using the search bar and the same thing happened.

:)

sinachek, Aug 4, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

settings crash

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

settings crash

1. settings crash - Similar Threads - settings crash

2. 2021 Windows 10 Home 20H2 microphone not working and microphone privacy settings crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2021 Windows 10 Home 20H2 microphone not working and microphone privacy settings crashes: Windows 10 Home20H2OS build 19042.1202Windows Feature Experience 120.2212.3530.0Up until last week sometime my microphone was working fine. Now - I'm guessing after a Windows update - all microphone devices are broken and the microphone privacy settings app crashes when...
  3. Night Light Settings Crashes When Turn Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light Settings Crashes When Turn Off: Night light is on but doesn't actually show that it's on. Whenever I go into the settings to manually turn it off even though it's not on it crashes the whole setting. I really want to use night light again because when at night time the blue light from my screen annoys my...
  4. display setting crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    display setting crash: i have a windows 10 pc and when i try to open display setting the settings app crashes but its only for the display setting i can open any other tab of setting and it would work fine but not for display settings...
  5. Storage setting crashes

Storage setting crashes: Every time i go into settings, storage and click my M.2 it crashes. My other drives are fine it only happens when i try to use the M.2. Ive tried running a system repair and cleaner program but it says everything is fine. I can access the games downloaded on this storage...
  6. Storage setting crashes

Storage setting crashes: Every time i go into settings, storage and click my M.2 it crashes. My other drives are fine it only happens when i try to use the M.2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-setting-crashes/d9939463-d9b2-4b89-b771-feff1ae90e44
  7. Microphone Settings Crashing Windows 10 20H2

Microphone Settings Crashing Windows 10 20H2: I've been Running into this issue lately, when i need to change a few configurations within my microphone settings, I Right click on the sound icon, go to volume mixer, then click on system sounds, then go to recording and when i click on the microphone icon, it crashes and...
  8. W10 Settings crashes when going into Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Settings crashes when going into Network & Internet: When I click on Settings > Network & Internet, the settings app crashes. What can I do to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-settings-crashes-when-going-into-network/70a0f9d0-6b31-42f6-9de9-5f993c56d7d0
  9. Screen settings crashing and exit all the time (no error msg)

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen settings crashing and exit all the time (no error msg): Hi, i have had problem with night light (always on) I have deleted in registry and now I have no screen settings and light night at all HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\DefaultAccount\Current\...
  10. Microsoft Store crashes whenever i open the settings

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store crashes whenever i open the settings: it also wont install any apps and just says "something happened at our end" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-crashes-whenever-i-open-the/beae28f6-4bec-4066-94c2-62985a06aafc