Windows 10: Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light

Discus and support Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The settings app is crashing when I try to manually enable night light. Scheduling it does not turn it on either.As soon as I click "Turn on now,"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KyleC5, May 19, 2022.

1. KyleC5 Win User

Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light

The settings app is crashing when I try to manually enable night light. Scheduling it does not turn it on either.As soon as I click "Turn on now," settings immediately closes and the night light doesn't turn on. It works properly on one user profile as well, but not the other.10.0.19044

:)

KyleC5, May 19, 2022

2. Night Light Settings

Separately from the Night Light, is the brightness options also disabled? If so, I might recommend these steps to make it work again:

1) Right-click Start button, choose Device Manager

2) Find the "monitors" section in the list and expand it

3) Right-click and uninstall every item listed under the monitors section

….. note: don't accidentally go to the "display adapter section", leave that one untouched.

4) Click the "scan for hardware" button on the toolbar up top (the icon with the magnifying glass inside it)

5) Try brightness and night light settings again

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 19, 2022
  3. Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 19, 2022
  4. Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light

Night light breakdown

Hi AMIR,

You can enable/disable night light by following the below steps:

- Open Settings

- Select System (opens Display)

- Select the toggle underneath 'Night light'

- Note: there is also settings under the 'Night light settings' option

Please let me know if this doesn't resolve your issue.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light

1. Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light - Similar Threads - Settings crashes trying

2. Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light Settings: Night Light settings always reset after my computer is locked, no matter how long it is locked for. I have tried turning on and off night light settings, making sure the time and location are accurate, and the other suggested FAQ items, but it stays off. I have to restart the...
  3. Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light: The settings app is crashing when I try to manually enable night light. It opens through Scheduling but when i go to the settings it says that night light is not on but night turns on at the scheduled time for me its 4 pm so when i try to turn it on manually it crashes the...
  4. Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light: The settings app is crashing when I try to manually enable night light. It opens through Scheduling but when i go to the settings it says that night light is not on but night turns on at the scheduled time for me its 4 pm so when i try to turn it on manually it crashes the...
  5. Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light

Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light: The settings app is crashing when I try to manually enable night light. Scheduling it does not turn it on either.As soon as I click "Turn on now," settings immediately closes and the night light doesn't turn on. It works properly on one user profile as well, but not the...
  6. Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashes after trying to manually enable night light: The settings app is crashing when I try to manually enable night light. Scheduling it does not turn it on either.As soon as I click "Turn on now," settings immediately closes and the night light doesn't turn on. It works properly on one user profile as well, but not the...
  7. Night Light crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light crash: Hello everybody, i have an issue with several games or other full screen applications crashing, and disabling night light which i keep always on. Some applications still work, some are unresponsive. These crashes dont happen while night light is disabled. Fixes i already...
  8. Night Light crash

Night Light crash: Hello everybody, i have an issue with several games or other full screen applications crashing, and disabling night light which i keep always on. Some applications still work, some are unresponsive. These crashes dont happen while night light is disabled. Fixes i already...
  9. Enabling the Night light setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling the Night light setting: Regarding how to Enabling the Night light setting I want to stope the blue light, which is emerging from PC screen , but I unable to fixed the night light ," it is in enable mode ". I try many way to resolve the problem By registry setting , by device manager, by updating...
  10. ERROR enable Night Light

in Windows 10 Customization
    ERROR enable Night Light: [ATTACH] What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-enable-night-light/ab386e0e-9cae-421d-9b3c-d0414d0b103f