Windows 10: ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.

Discus and support ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a desktop computer that I have rencently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809, but now the ''settings'' app crashes everytime Ik try to open it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HjalmarMondragon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.

I have a desktop computer that I have rencently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809, but now the ''settings'' app crashes everytime Ik try to open it. Can anybody help me fix it?

:)

HjalmarMondragon, Nov 28, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 28, 2018
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.

1. ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it. - Similar Threads - ''Settings'' crashes everytime

2. explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 23536.1000 AppName Explorer.EXE AppVersion 10.0.23536.1000 AppTimeStamp 99338d8e ModuleName explorerframe.dll ModuleVersion 10.0.23536.1000 ModuleTimeStamp db47a7b7 ExceptionCode c000041d FaultingOffset 000000000008778d ProcessId 0x23f0...
  3. explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer crashes everytime i try to open a folder: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 22H2 23536.1000 AppName Explorer.EXE AppVersion 10.0.23536.1000 AppTimeStamp 99338d8e ModuleName explorerframe.dll ModuleVersion 10.0.23536.1000 ModuleTimeStamp db47a7b7 ExceptionCode c000041d FaultingOffset 000000000008778d ProcessId 0x23f0...
  4. Crashes everytime open explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes everytime open explorer: Hello I am using this version Edition :Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Single Language Version :22H2 Install :04/‎07/‎2023 Build OS :23493.1000 Serial :MP28F0YZ Experience :Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.23493.1000.0 Everytime i try access windows explorer Windows+E, my...
  5. Crashes everytime open explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashes everytime open explorer: Hello I am using this version Edition :Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Single Language Version :22H2 Install :04/‎07/‎2023 Build OS :23493.1000 Serial :MP28F0YZ Experience :Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.23493.1000.0 Everytime i try access windows explorer Windows+E, my...
  6. My windows security's protection history crashes everytime i try to open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows security's protection history crashes everytime i try to open it: My Windows Security has foolishly quarantined the program file i DESPERATELY needed and i cant even recover it from windows security because it crashes everytime i try to open protection history. I need solutions ASAP. NOW.Turning off real time protection and cloud-delivered...
  7. My windows security's protection history crashes everytime i try to open it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows security's protection history crashes everytime i try to open it: My Windows Security has foolishly quarantined the program file i DESPERATELY needed and i cant even recover it from windows security because it crashes everytime i try to open protection history. I need solutions ASAP. NOW.Turning off real time protection and cloud-delivered...
  8. Network in settings closing everytime I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network in settings closing everytime I open it: Okay so after I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 pro 20h2 my wife icon disappeared totally and everytime I try to enter the network through the settings app it immediately closes so I’ve tried resetting my pc it didn’t work it didn’t let me reset my pc even my anti virus...
  9. When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes: It's been like this for a while now. I was hoping I could get an official Microsoft solution for this because the new account method and the PowerShell/Command Prompt method aren't working. Does anyone have a useful fix?...
  10. Sea of Thieve crashes everytime I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieve crashes everytime I open it: Every time I click play on the windows store to start Sea of Thieves the game instantly crashes. I called support and tried all the methods ppl where telling me to do to fix it nothing works PLEASE HELP....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everytime i try to open something on windows it crashes

2. windows 10 settings crashing

3. everytime i open something it crashes

4. computer crashes when opening settings windows 10,
  5. settings crashes everytime i open it windows 10,
  6. windows system settings exception 0xc000027b,
  7. windows 10 does not allow me to open network settings crashes everytime,
  8. winds crashes when display settings is opened,
  9. Windows settings crashes when opening ,
  10. windows settings crash on opening