Windows 10: Settings crashing when I go into "Sound settings"

Discus and support Settings crashing when I go into "Sound settings" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just had a problem with my microphone on my headphones that whenever I try to use my mic, the sound cuts out. Now, I am having a problem in settings.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dimjem2, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Dimjem2 Win User

Settings crashing when I go into "Sound settings"

I just had a problem with my microphone on my headphones that whenever I try to use my mic, the sound cuts out. Now, I am having a problem in settings. I connect my headphones to my computer and they work fine. When I go into the "Sound settings," the sound completely cuts out and Settings becomes unresponsive, and crashes. The work part is, I have to restart my computer for the sound to work again. So I don't know what to do.

:)

Dimjem2, Oct 24, 2018

2. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Oct 24, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Settings crashing when I go into "Sound settings" :p

cadaveca, Oct 24, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings crashing when I go into "Sound settings" - Similar Threads - Settings crashing Sound

2. Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings: Once again I am having audio problems that Microsoft seems after years to be unable to fix. Every time I try to change the sound settings for my headphones in Control panel under the sound devices menu, the menu that appears when I click on my device crashes and soft locks...
  3. Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound tab in Task manager crashes when I try to adjust settings: Once again I am having audio problems that Microsoft seems after years to be unable to fix. Every time I try to change the sound settings for my headphones in Control panel under the sound devices menu, the menu that appears when I click on my device crashes and soft locks...
  4. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  5. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  6. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. W10 Settings crashes when going into Network & Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 Settings crashes when going into Network & Internet: When I click on Settings > Network & Internet, the settings app crashes. What can I do to fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-settings-crashes-when-going-into-network/70a0f9d0-6b31-42f6-9de9-5f993c56d7d0
  8. When I go into settings there is no option to change brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I go into settings there is no option to change brightness: When I go into settings and display the brightness option doesn’t appear and I can’t find it anywhere. I’ve tried shortcuts but no luck either. I have just set up my new gaming pc and the screen is so bright on the desktop. Games are fine but browsing word documents,...
  9. Setting crashes when i scroll?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting crashes when i scroll?: I literally got a new PC from digital storm an hour ago. I plug it in play with the setting but everytime I use the scroll wheel the settings window closes. There is no error it just closes. Upon testing I found that the setting app is the only place this is happening and if...
  10. Sound Settings Crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Settings Crash: I have been having no sound for the past few days and whenever i try to open the sound section in settings, it immediately crashes. Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-settings-crash/f71da833-2864-4a49-b2fa-2d52895202e0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows sound settings crashing

2. windows 10 sound settings crash

3. windows 10 sounds settings crashes

4. sound on settings causes crash,
  5. windows 10 setting crashes on sound,
  6. sound settings crash,
  7. sound settings crashing windows 10,
  8. sound settings keeps crashing,
  9. sound manager crashes when going into recording,
  10. settings is crashing,
  11. sound settings crashes settings,