Windows 10: Settings deleted?

Discus and support Settings deleted? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been having some problems with a new GPU causing my PC to shut off after about 20 minutes. After about 9 attempts now, my computer decided to stay on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by richodude, Oct 15, 2019.

1. richodude Win User

Settings deleted?

Been having some problems with a new GPU causing my PC to shut off after about 20 minutes. After about 9 attempts now, my computer decided to stay on, but settings doesnt exist anymore and the search bar is just an aesthetic at this point. By not exist, I mean an error comes upp saying there is no app associated with it. All I need to do is update my driver as that seems like the best solution so far. In a perfect world I wouldnt have to restart my pc again, so any ideas?

:)

richodude, Oct 15, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 15, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Settings deleted?

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Settings deleted?

1. Settings deleted? - Similar Threads - Settings deleted

2. So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...: After uninstalling any software, none files of this software doesn't goes to recycle bin. So i can't properly delete a program permanently.For this my laptop running slow. Also in spite of few software there are no space of my laptops Rom. So how can I set this to delete a...
  3. So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So how can I set the settings for delete a program permanently that goes to recycle bin...: After uninstalling any software, none files of this software doesn't goes to recycle bin. So i can't properly delete a program permanently.For this my laptop running slow. Also in spite of few software there are no space of my laptops Rom. So how can I set this to delete a...
  4. Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update: In Edge Settings - Cookies & Site Permissions - Cookies & Data Stored - Cookies & Site Data, there's an option to "block Saving & Reading cookies on your device".After using SuperAntiSpyware weekly, a list of about 12 tracking cookies are typically displayed. Using the...
  5. Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update

Why Does Microsoft Delete All Blocked Cookie Settings With Every O/S Update: In Edge Settings - Cookies & Site Permissions - Cookies & Data Stored - Cookies & Site Data, there's an option to "block Saving & Reading cookies on your device".After using SuperAntiSpyware weekly, a list of about 12 tracking cookies are typically displayed. Using the...
  6. When viewing my installed apps through the settings, I see applications I have already deleted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When viewing my installed apps through the settings, I see applications I have already deleted.: When viewing my installed apps through the settings, I see applications I have already deleted. I try to delete them again through the installed apps panel but since they have have been deleted already I get "Windows cannot find <file path>. Make sure you typed the name...
  7. When viewing my installed apps through the settings, I see applications I have already deleted.

When viewing my installed apps through the settings, I see applications I have already deleted.: When viewing my installed apps through the settings, I see applications I have already deleted. I try to delete them again through the installed apps panel but since they have have been deleted already I get "Windows cannot find <file path>. Make sure you typed the name...
  8. Why are my files being permanently deleted when my recycle bin settings are set to send...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my files being permanently deleted when my recycle bin settings are set to send...: Why are my files being permanently deleted? My recycle bin settings are correct the option "Don't move files to the recycle bin" is not checked. When I try to delete a file, the dialog asks if I want to permanently delete the file no other option is given. Then, the deleted...
  9. Why are my files being permanently deleted when my recycle bin settings are set to send...

Why are my files being permanently deleted when my recycle bin settings are set to send...: Why are my files being permanently deleted? My recycle bin settings are correct the option "Don't move files to the recycle bin" is not checked. When I try to delete a file, the dialog asks if I want to permanently delete the file no other option is given. Then, the deleted...
  10. Why after reseting my pc all my apps are deleted and can't be open like setting app ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why after reseting my pc all my apps are deleted and can't be open like setting app ,...: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-reseting-my-pc-all-my-apps-are-deleted/62c8564e-79f5-464b-915c-a323a5c5d6ca