Windows 10: Settings, devices mouse crashing

Discus and support Settings, devices mouse crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I swapped out my wired mouse the other week. Tried a new wired one, which was lousy and I noticed when I went into settings app, selected devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Settings, devices mouse crashing

So I swapped out my wired mouse the other week. Tried a new wired one, which was lousy and I noticed when I went into settings app, selected devices and then mouse it caused the settings app to close/crash.

I put the old mouse back and the settings app no longer crashed when selecting devices then mouse. Well kind of. Because I now switch machine on and select mouse and sometimes on first selection of mouse under settings it will still crash, but then i open it a second time and it’s absolutely fine and will remain fine every single time I open it thereafter. But the issue can (not always) comeback on the next restart of the machine (full restart as I never use fast start). To be honest I don’t use the setting very much and the mouse has no issues in normal usage but this seems a strange quirk and I wondered if others had experienced similar.

:)

Scottyboy99, Feb 28, 2018

2. Settings app crashes whenever o chose Devices category

Same for me. I can't use my Bluetooth mouse anymore because of that. Settings app crashes as soon as I click "Devices"

Kenishi Matsuura, Feb 28, 2018
  3. dkalmaz Win User
    "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" uncheck on HID (bluetooth device) crash/reboots windows

Cannot use my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse,i pair ht emouse but after off/on or reboot the pc i cannot used the mouse even if there isn't any error in anywhere,

i read most of the discussions about this issue,as some of them suggests to uncheck this box, and some users fix their issues.

But when i uncheck this setting on device manager Human Interface Devices - Microsoft Bluetooth Hardware ,Windows 10 build 1511 crash and reboots immediately.

Any suggestions appreciated,thanks

dkalmaz, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

Settings, devices mouse crashing

1. Settings, devices mouse crashing - Similar Threads - Settings devices mouse

2. Mouse Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Settings: I have an admin account and a user account on PC with Win 10. Admin account uses LH mouse, User account uses RH mouse. Since latest Win 10 update the individual mouse settings do not hold. User accourt reverts to admin settings and vice versa. Any suggestions other than going...
  3. Mouse settings

Mouse settings: Since upgrading to Win 10, I've encountered a myriad of problems. Nothing major, just frustrating. Now, I have a new on and am wondering if anyone might have an answer to it. Currently, I use a PC and a laptop. On my PC, which I am primary user, my mouse is set-up for left...
  4. mouse settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse settings: My browser jumps all over the screen when I move my mouse. How do I stop the browser screen from moving with the mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-settings/5f42605b-39b7-48d4-9db2-c8e78b9c10c1
  5. Mouse settings

Mouse settings: I have just bought a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. It works great but I can't find a setting so that I can feel the notches when I scroll. My old mouse went 3 notches at a time but this one is smooth without notches. I have set the mouse to "roll the wheel one notch to...
  6. Changing mouse settings

Changing mouse settings: My mouse cursor works incorrectly. It highlights everything it touches, opens unnecessary links and hovers the places I don’t want to. I want to stop it permanently so I ask your advice how to solve this problem using Registry...
  7. mouse settings

mouse settings: My right click on my mouse does not provide the CUT/Paste features I commonly use. I get new options - READ Aloud or Mcafee choices when I use the right click How do I get the Cut/paste features to return?...
  8. Mouse settings

Mouse settings: Hello everyone! I am having trouble with my mouse settings. on normal laptops and pcs, when the mouse is loading, it has a blue circle. This is not the case. I have accidentally done something with settings and have changed it to retro mouse like on the really old computers....
  9. Windows 10 propagates mouse settings across multiple devices

Windows 10 propagates mouse settings across multiple devices: OK, I came across some really bizarre behavior... which telegraphs that Microsoft is doing a lot more behind the scenes than I had thought. Apparently Microsoft captures at least some or all of your computer configuration settings associated with your account. When you log...
  10. Frequent Crash including mouse crash

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Frequent Crash including mouse crash: Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in but for the past few weeks my computer will stop working and when I finally get some reaction from it there will be a notice at the bottom of the page that says something like "msn has stopped working" then another...