Windows 10: Settings, devices mouse crashing

Discus and support Settings, devices mouse crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I swapped out my wired mouse the other week. Tried a new wired one, which was lousy and I noticed when I went into settings app, selected devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Settings, devices mouse crashing

So I swapped out my wired mouse the other week. Tried a new wired one, which was lousy and I noticed when I went into settings app, selected devices and then mouse it caused the settings app to close/crash.

I put the old mouse back and the settings app no longer crashed when selecting devices then mouse. Well kind of. Because I now switch machine on and select mouse and sometimes on first selection of mouse under settings it will still crash, but then i open it a second time and it’s absolutely fine and will remain fine every single time I open it thereafter. But the issue can (not always) comeback on the next restart of the machine (full restart as I never use fast start). To be honest I don’t use the setting very much and the mouse has no issues in normal usage but this seems a strange quirk and I wondered if others had experienced similar.

:)

Scottyboy99, Feb 28, 2018

2. Settings app crashes whenever o chose Devices category

Same for me. I can't use my Bluetooth mouse anymore because of that. Settings app crashes as soon as I click "Devices"

Kenishi Matsuura, Feb 28, 2018
  3. dkalmaz Win User
    "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" uncheck on HID (bluetooth device) crash/reboots windows

Cannot use my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse,i pair ht emouse but after off/on or reboot the pc i cannot used the mouse even if there isn't any error in anywhere,

i read most of the discussions about this issue,as some of them suggests to uncheck this box, and some users fix their issues.

But when i uncheck this setting on device manager Human Interface Devices - Microsoft Bluetooth Hardware ,Windows 10 build 1511 crash and reboots immediately.

Any suggestions appreciated,thanks

dkalmaz, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

Settings, devices mouse crashing

1. Settings, devices mouse crashing - Similar Threads - Settings devices mouse

2. Devices tile crashing Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices tile crashing Settings.: Whenever I click on the Devices tile in Settings, settings just crashes. I have already tried repairing it, nothing. I also tried resetting settings and also nothing. I need a fix to this urgently. I am currently running Windows 11 Pro, version: Dev. And the OS build is...
  3. Devices tile crashing Settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices tile crashing Settings.: Whenever I click on the Devices tile in Settings, settings just crashes. I have already tried repairing it, nothing. I also tried resetting settings and also nothing. I need a fix to this urgently. I am currently running Windows 11 Pro, version: Dev. And the OS build is...
  4. Save mouse settings for each device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save mouse settings for each device: I have 2 setups; Home and Work. With different mouses and keyboards. At work I have standard mouse with standard 600 DPI resolution and at home I have gaming mouse with 1800 DPI resolution. So what I want that windows will save Pointer speed option for each device separately,...
  5. Save mouse settings for each device

Save mouse settings for each device: I have 2 setups; Home and Work. With different mouses and keyboards. At work I have standard mouse with standard 600 DPI resolution and at home I have gaming mouse with 1800 DPI resolution. So what I want that windows will save Pointer speed option for each device separately,...
  6. Save mouse settings for each device

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Save mouse settings for each device

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Save mouse settings for each device

9. Save mouse settings for each device

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics Device Settings not shown in mouse properties: I've noticed that the Synaptics Device Settings are missing from my Touchpad settings. There are a number of settings in that category such as two finger scrolling and reverse scrolling. Driver is updated. How can I get the Synaptics Device Settings restored? Thanks for...