Windows 10: Settings does not "detect" second monitor, but it does show my laptop

Discus and support Settings does not "detect" second monitor, but it does show my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I plugged in a new second monitor and it does actually reflect my laptop screen i.e. I am seeing my laptop in the monitor, but I am not able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FernandoABF, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Settings does not "detect" second monitor, but it does show my laptop

Hello, I plugged in a new second monitor and it does actually reflect my laptop screen i.e. I am seeing my laptop in the monitor, but I am not able to split the screen in two because it does not appear in the display settings settings/system/display. When pressing "detect" in the display settings I get a message saying "Didn't detect another display".

Please help, I need to split my screen. Thanks.

:)

FernandoABF, Feb 7, 2021

2. Second Monitor

I connected a monitor to my Inspiron Laptop. The second monitor displays the same info as the lap top. When I go to settings it will not detect the monitor. I have upgraded all the drivers. Any suggestions?

cdbbroyles, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Feb 7, 2021
  4. midosaid Win User

Settings does not "detect" second monitor, but it does show my laptop

Second monitor detected but blank

Still doesn't work.
    what I came up with is when I uninstall the intel HD graphics 630 driver and restart the system, the second monitor works fin till the pc detects the graphic card and installs the driver for it then the second monitor goes to sleep.
    I tried to install an older version of the driver and still not working

The PC is detecting the second monitor as it shows under "display setting" but not sending a signal. Any idea why?

midosaid, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Settings does not "detect" second monitor, but it does show my laptop

1. Settings does not "detect" second monitor, but it does show my laptop - Similar Threads - Settings does detect

2. My second drive does not show up in Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My second drive does not show up in Storage Settings: HI!Ever since I booted up Windows from an old SSD from a laptop my other drive hasn't show up and I want to use it so I can download bigger things and not max out my storage....
  3. My second drive does not show up in Storage Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My second drive does not show up in Storage Settings: HI!Ever since I booted up Windows from an old SSD from a laptop my other drive hasn't show up and I want to use it so I can download bigger things and not max out my storage....
  4. My monitor does not show picture

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor does not show picture: Hello!Since yesterday, my second monitor is not showing any picture. It simply just disappeared.I've tried multiple things to make it work, but no success so far.-I've plugged into the integrated VGA port-I've ran a system restoration-I've reinstalled the OS-I've removed the...
  5. Does not detect second monitor

Does not detect second monitor: I have two identical monitors Acer 240H, but lately one screen comes on but then shows "No Signal."I've read that this can be an issue, and have overcome the issue a few times, but now can't find the info or get it to see or detect my second monitor. I have an HP Omen the...
  6. Does not recognize second monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does not recognize second monitor: Hello. so yesterday my both monitors ware working just fine, I turned my computer off for the night since it's been on for like some 4 days. So i turned my pc back on and they started up how they should, but instead of having 2 monitors it just changed the resolution to...
  7. Lenovo Carbon X1 Laptop does not detect monitor

Lenovo Carbon X1 Laptop does not detect monitor: I ordered the Lenovo USB-C to HDMI Adapter, connected it to a previously already working monitor (I used to have it connected to a Macbook Pro). For some reason, my Lenovo won't detect the monitor on the Display Settings. Please advise how I can connect to my monitor as soon...
  8. Windows does no display on my second monitor

Windows does no display on my second monitor: Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer case design. I ran into a problem with my second HDMI which is the one that displays 4K 60hz, the other one can only do up to...
  9. Windows does no detect my second monitor

Windows does no detect my second monitor: Hello, I've recently purchased 2 new super-thin HDMI cables since a normal one wouldn't fit in my Graphics Card due to problems with my computer case design. I ran into a problem with my second HDMI which is the one that displays 4K 60hz, the other one can only do up to...
  10. Windows 10 Does not detect second monitor on startup

Windows 10 Does not detect second monitor on startup: Dell Inspiron running two monitors through docking station. Om startup, the second monitor is not detected. However, if I put the system to sleep and then wake it, the second monitor is detected and works. All drivers are up to date. Display settings for the second...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why the fuck does my second monitor not get detected by my docking station and laptop!!!!!!!