Windows 10: Settings does not open unless I use action center.

Discus and support Settings does not open unless I use action center. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I am currently having a problem with Windows 10 Version 1809 where my settings will not open from start or anything I search in start that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StampyScouse, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Settings does not open unless I use action center.

Hello.

I am currently having a problem with Windows 10 Version 1809 where my settings will not open from start or anything I search in start that is settings related also do not work. I have tried http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps and https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system but nothing worked.

Any help would be appreciated!

Version Info

Settings does not open unless I use action center. 7708395d-7249-4bc2-b0ff-c721e6aae4bc?upload=true.png

:)

StampyScouse, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Sharief K Win User

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Unable to launch open Settings and Action Center in Windows 10

Hello Emmanuel,

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

From your description, I suspect that the issue seems to be temporary. Suggest you to shutdown your PC completely, then restart it after a while and then try to open settings to see if it responds.

If you want to open Control Panel, type Control Panel
    into the search bar on the task bar, and select the same from the list when it appears. Alternatively you can open
    Settings, through Start Menu or press Windows Key + R,
    then type ms-settings: into the run command and hit Enter. You can also type
    Control Panel in run command to open the same.

In case problem still persist, then try the below mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Use the DISM tool and System File Checker for repairing any missing or corrupted system files:

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to open elevated command prompt (I.e. Command prompt with admin rights).
    • If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click
      Continue.
    • Type or copy paste the below command lines one by one into it and hit Enter:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter. Reboot your system to see if problem still occurs.

If you are able to open settings, I would suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Action Center as well as turn Notification On. To check follow the steps below:

Action Center

1. Click on the Start Menu and click on theSettings icon.

2. Then navigate to System>Notification and Action.

3. ClickTurn system icons on or off option, then slide the
    Action Center bar to ON.

Notification.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Arul_D, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Settings does not open unless I use action center.

Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Settings does not open unless I use action center.

1. Settings does not open unless I use action center. - Similar Threads - Settings does open

2. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  3. Action Center won't open and I can not open my bluetooth settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center won't open and I can not open my bluetooth settings: Hello Microsoft Community, I am experiencing some troubles with Action Center and Bluetooth settings not opening. When I attempt to open action center, all that happens is that the cruiser will show that it is loading, and then nothing opens. When I attempt to open...
  4. Action Center Won't Open

Action Center Won't Open: Continuing from a previously locked question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-wont-open-please-help-me-solved/bb200d77-5051-4732-a19f-46ec2ba674bc In rare instances, the action center does not open. Perhaps a workaround that is faster...
  5. Action center will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action center will not open: After march update have not been able to open action to view notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open/f06ebecd-46f5-457b-aa8e-84851112f6e6
  6. Action center is not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  7. A notificaton in Action Center does not open apps. Should it?

A notificaton in Action Center does not open apps. Should it?: Notifications are showing up in Action Center. Some of these notifications are from YouTube. When I click on such a notification from YTube in act center the notification disappears. Is that what should happen? Or should my browser open up a YouTube page? According to MS...
  8. Action center not opening

Action center not opening: So, for a while now I've been unable to open the action center, I recently deleted a few picture folders on my computer but that should be all I've done. Before I deleted those pictures I had issues with the computer being too full. I don't remember when the issue started,...
  9. Action Center Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center Settings: All of a sudden I am getting stock market notifications on my action center. Where is that coming from and how do I change the action center settings to stop this? 26506
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...