Windows 10: settings don't launch, or launches the Store instead in Windows 10

Discus and support settings don't launch, or launches the Store instead in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to get assistance with getting my settings to launch for more than 5 seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lisa McCollum, Nov 20, 2018.

1. settings don't launch, or launches the Store instead in Windows 10

I'm trying to get assistance with getting my settings to launch for more than 5 seconds.

:)

Lisa McCollum, Nov 20, 2018

2. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Moved from es-ES

YESICAAMAYA, Nov 20, 2018
  3. setting doesn´t launch, or launches the store instead

Hi,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to try running DISM commands and check if it helps.

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a new command line tool that you can use to service a Windows image or prepare a Windows PE image.

Follow the steps to Run DISM Commands:

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt .

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Refer to the thread mentioned below and see if it brings any difference.

Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead

Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.,

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 20, 2018
  4. settings don't launch, or launches the Store instead in Windows 10

setting doesn't launch, or launched the store instead

setting doesn't launch, or launched the store instead

mathewspyloth, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

settings don't launch, or launches the Store instead in Windows 10

1. settings don't launch, or launches the Store instead in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - settings don't launch

2. Settings will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings will not launch: Helloo, the pictogram Serrings will not launch in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-will-not-launch/1b3d1e81-cd32-4726-8e1b-a445c32cfe5f
  3. Windows Store will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store will not launch: I feel like I have been dealing with Windows Store errors my whole life. I received an error code trying to update apps that is associated with group policy. So I reset all my group policy. That did not work. I then tried wsreset.exe, no luck. Then it told me the Store app...
  4. Windows Store will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store will not launch: I feel like I have been dealing with Windows Store errors my whole life. I received an error code trying to update apps that is associated with group policy. So I reset all my group policy. That did not work. I then tried wsreset.exe, no luck. Then it told me the Store app...
  5. setting doesn't launch or launches store

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting doesn't launch or launches store: When click on settings it stays on the screen with the blue cogwheel or it just won't open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-doesnt-launch-or-launches-store/d7f37fb8-1235-4ab7-8179-168943b6fb8d
  6. Microsoft store apps don't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store apps don't launch: I've had this problem for a while that some games for example Minecraft and minesweeper downloaded from the Microsoft store first open perfectly well, but once I restart my pc they dont work anymore crashes right away. So far I've tried to run windows update and microsoft...
  7. setting doesn't launch or launches the store instead

setting doesn't launch or launches the store instead: my setting doesn't open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-doesnt-launch-or-launches-the-store/ac1813d7-60b1-47ec-9e41-77d6e03c79c8
  8. Settings will not launch. Windows 10.

Settings will not launch. Windows 10.: Following my last update of Windows 10, I can no longer launch Settings. The app appears for about a second, as if it's in process of opening, and then it just disappears. I see that others have had this issue back in 2015 and 2016 and various fixes were suggested. I've...
  9. windows 10 setting not launching

windows 10 setting not launching: windows 10 setting not launching https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-setting-not-launching/91d47773-2826-41fd-9335-dc736608a01f
  10. Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead

Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead: Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-doesnt-launch-or-launches-the-store/a7d0b32a-8f4d-45f3-9f47-c96760d42a7d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings does not launch or launches the store instead

2. settings doesnt launch or launches store

3. settings doesnt launch or launches the store

4. settings dont launch,
  5. settings doesnt launch,
  6. setting doesnt launch