Windows 10: Settings - erroneous message

Discus and support Settings - erroneous message in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 Pro. The Windows Update screen in Settings displays a senseless message "*Some settings are managed by your organisation". However, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelSPerry, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Settings - erroneous message

I run Windows 10 Pro. The Windows Update screen in Settings displays a senseless message "*Some settings are managed by your organisation". However, I am not part of any organisation as it is my home laptop and has never been part of any organisation. Why does it display this pointless message and how do I get rid of it permanently?

:)

MichaelSPerry, Jul 31, 2020

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Settings - erroneous message

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Settings - erroneous message

1. Settings - erroneous message - Similar Threads - Settings erroneous message

2. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  3. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard erroneous: My laptop keyboard seems to be not working. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-erroneous/2efea7c4-8738-4333-b17e-d02e6d9fe5df
  4. keyboard erroneous

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer Erroneous Results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Erroneous Results: My computer has two hard drives, a primary and a backup. When I do a file search in Windows Explorer, the results that gets shown are always the files from my backup drive. Even when I designate the search path to my primary drive, I get results showing my backup files....
  6. erroneous notifications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    erroneous notifications: I keep getting erroneous alerts about needing to update my security and version of windows. When i check for updates, everything shows green checkmarks, but the banners keep coming up on my load screen...
  7. Erroneous virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erroneous virtual desktops: I use virtual desktops often and for several months I've noticed a problem when switching from on to the other using the keyboard shortcuts. Often I switch from the #1 desktop to the #2 desktop and the first desktop slides over and corrupts the change by appearing there also....
  8. Windows 10 Pro erroneous restart to update message blocks other updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro erroneous restart to update message blocks other updates: Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 vb_release restart to update message appears continuously despite many repeated restarts and update and shutdown actions. So far MS advisors have not provided a solution. The MS Windows update assistant doesn't solve the problem because it...
  9. Erroneous message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erroneous message: Message says the scanner is not connected or someone else is using it...which is not the case. I have checked all connections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erroneous-message/16889afa-e61e-43f1-bd12-56ebd676d4fc
  10. An erroneous state location

in Cortana
    An erroneous state location: Why am I getting two different home address state locations when I am entering personal information into drop down menus on certain web sites. One state location is correct, but the other is in another state all together. I suspect my computer profile is incorrect, but I do...