Windows 10: settings & file explorer

Discus and support settings & file explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; settings, file explorer and a couple of others don't open to the desktop and remains minimised in toolbar so how do I bring them to the screen even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterBA1, Nov 7, 2021.

1. PeterBA1 Win User

settings & file explorer

settings, file explorer and a couple of others don't open to the desktop and remains minimised in toolbar so how do I bring them to the screen even after windows update and restarting didn't help. I can see them in a small box window and they seem to be opened but only in a minimised position.

:)

PeterBA1, Nov 7, 2021

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 7, 2021
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 7, 2021
  4. settings & file explorer

Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 7, 2021
Thema:

settings & file explorer

1. settings & file explorer - Similar Threads - settings file explorer

2. Problems with file explorer and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with file explorer and settings: After auto installing the latest update which I assume is the 22H2 as I have no way of checking I am presented with a black screen after logging in. I am able to use my mouse and specific commands. I found out I can open apps from task manager by using the run new tasks. When...
  3. Reverting setting for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reverting setting for File Explorer: I want to delete unnecessary files from my external hard drive recycle bin to get more space in the hard drive. I do have the instructions as to how to do that. But my question is: After you delete these files, how do you revert the File Explorer settings to normal. After all...
  4. Reverting setting for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting setting for File Explorer: I want to delete unnecessary files from my external hard drive recycle bin to get more space in the hard drive. I do have the instructions as to how to do that. But my question is: After you delete these files, how do you revert the File Explorer settings to normal. After all...
  5. settings & file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings & file explorer: settings, file explorer and a couple of others don't open to the desktop and remains minimised in toolbar so how do I bring them to the screen even after windows update and restarting didn't help. I can see them in a small box window and they seem to be opened but only in a...
  6. settings & file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings & file explorer: settings, file explorer and a couple of others don't open to the desktop and remains minimised in toolbar so how do I bring them to the screen even after windows update and restarting didn't help. I can see them in a small box window and they seem to be opened but only in a...
  7. File Explorer Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Setting: Hi Folks, I am trying to get File Explorer in Win10 to look more like Win7. How do I remove these seemingly un needed 7 Folders as in my image. - [img] 164289
  8. Setting File Explorer types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting File Explorer types: How do I set multiple file extensions for one file type? Since this new version of file explorer requires you to select from a list of file types, how do I modify this list?...
  9. Explorer file setting preferences

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer file setting preferences: I am not sure if I know the correct nomenclature to describe my likely minor annoying issue with my computer. I'd like to "fix" my preferences across the board to show file name, type, size, length etc as opposed to the annoying native preferential settings if provides as if...
  10. File explorer view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view settings: I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the default view for searches, and indeed all views in File Explorer, to be Details. How do I change the default? 105136