Windows 10: Settings for a Projector

Discus and support Settings for a Projector in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can see on the Projector screen a Slideshow using PowerPoint, but can not get the screen to show my email account to show students how to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeCraigen, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Settings for a Projector

I can see on the Projector screen a Slideshow using PowerPoint, but can not get the screen to show my email account to show students how to create files and send emails, allowing them to copy me.

Can anybody tell me how I can get the Computer screen projected through the Projector without it being a PowerPoint slideshow?

Thanks

:)

MikeCraigen, Feb 27, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Video Error on Projector

Hi Adnan,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

For the meantime, we suggest you to update your drivers for your projector. You can get the drivers through
    Windows Update or through the manufacturer's website.

Ralph Sta, Feb 27, 2019
  3. Black screen connecting projector through HDMI to VGA converter

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• What is the make and model of the projector?

• Did you contact the projector manufacturer, as projector is only equipped with a VGA input?

• Have you follow the steps and suggestions provided previously?

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows in the future.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 27, 2019
  4. Settings for a Projector

Projector setting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your PC is unable to connect to your projector after upgrading to Windows 10 and you are getting an error while connecting them.

The issue you are facing could be caused due to corrupt drivers.

For better understanding of the issue, please provide us the required information:

1) What is the exact model number of your computer?

2) What is the make and model of your projector?

To fix the issue, uninstall and re-install the graphic driver from device manager.

Please follow the steps below:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphic Card Driver.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphic Driver.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b) Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c) Search for the Graphic driver from the device list,
    right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option:
    “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

d) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the
    restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Check the Windows Updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b) Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on the icon
    “Windows Update” from the search result.

c) On the “Windows Update” window, click on the link:
    “Check for updates” from the left hand side of the window to receive a fresh list of updates.

d) If the updates are available, then install all the updates listed there.

If the latest graphic driver is not available via Windows Updates, then download and install it from the computer manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

Settings for a Projector

1. Settings for a Projector - Similar Threads - Settings Projector

2. Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10: In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and Internet settings. See the screenshot below.I need those users to be able to switch 'automatically detect settings' on or off when they are working...
  3. proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10: I have seen all sorts of trivial useless answers from 'independent advisors' I would like to see some useful answers from W10 guru's please.In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and...
  4. proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10: I have seen all sorts of trivial useless answers from 'independent advisors' I would like to see some useful answers from W10 guru's please.In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and...
  5. proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10

6. I cannot set different wallpaper for my desktops in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot set different wallpaper for my desktops in windows 11.: I want to set different background for all the desktops that are open in my windows but changing the background of one is resulting in change of background of all the desktops.Also the "right click" method on the picture is not working as it is not applying.Please help me...
  7. Setting up a projector as an extended display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up a projector as an extended display: I am trying to connect my projector as an extended display to my personal computer. I have a VGA cord running from my PC to my projector, then out to my monitor. Windows is only recognizing one display. How can they be set up to show 2 separate displays? NOTE: In my display...
  8. Pc screen only, duplicate, extend and projector only setting keeps popping out

Pc screen only, duplicate, extend and projector only setting keeps popping out: I have a problem with my lenovo laptop which the pc screen only, duplicate, extend and projector only setting keeps popping out. It also happen when im using windows 7 operating system and continue to happen in windows 10 after i upgraded it. Sometimes it choose the setting...
  9. Projector settings open with laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector settings open with laptop lid: So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and...
  10. One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings.: I've tried searching the forums but haven't been able to find anyone with the same problem, so if a thread already exists and I just failed at finding it please point me in that direction. I have a Lenovo L440 laptop running Windows 10 1607, it has an Intel HD Graphics...