Windows 10: settings for Exchange server from Android to sync calendar to Android

Discus and support settings for Exchange server from Android to sync calendar to Android in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Having finally moved from my loved Windows Lumia 930 phone to Android (Huawei Mate 10), I sorely miss the live tiles, especially for calendar... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by nextenso, Apr 10, 2018.

1. nextenso Win User

settings for Exchange server from Android to sync calendar to Android

Having finally moved from my loved Windows Lumia 930 phone to Android (Huawei Mate 10), I sorely miss the live tiles, especially for calendar displaying the day's appointments.

The Android calendar widget will not connect to Microsoft Exchange server, saying "Can't connect to server". The settings it asks for and I have entered are:

In the following, I put 'domain' instead of my real business domain that Microsoft used to create my 365 account.

Email address - I entered my Office 365 email address - L: name@domain.onmicrosoft.com

Domain - wasn't sure what to put so used - domain.onmicrosoft.com

Username - I put in my email address - L: name@domain.onmicrosoft.com

Password - I entered my account password for Office 365

Server - I took from the address stated at Outlook/Info - owa.domain.onmicrosoft.com

Port - 443

Security Type - SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)

Client Certificate - none - I do not know of one

Mobile device ID - this is auto-populated

Then I click 'Next' and it says "cannot connect to server"

The full address stated at Outlook/Info is https (etc) outlook.office365.com/owa/domain.onmicrosoft.com

:)

nextenso, Apr 10, 2018

2. Outlook for Android creates reminders for appointments when there should be none

Apologies if this is not a correct location for Outlook for Android questions, I wasn't able to find anywhere else to post this.

I create many appointments on my Exchange server without reminders. However, when these appointments sync to Outlook for Android, Outlook creates a reminder for "at start of event". I also sync my Exchange appointments to Google Calendar on my phone, and
    those appointments correctly sync with no reminder, so this is clearly a problem with Outlook for Android.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Jason.Clishe, Apr 10, 2018
  3. BayernTo Win User
    Error 80072F89 while syncing with exchange 2003

Hi,

I got a error 80072F89 while syncing with an exchange server 2003, I had tried a few things

• Tested the server setting in
      https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
      and seems everything work fine from the report.
    • On the phone, if I uncheck all the item(Email, Contacts, Calendar and Task) under "Content to sync" in the setting page. And that sync again, no error comes up.
    • Tried to setting up the same exchange account on an android tablet and it work just fine.

The server is a SBS 2003(with exchange 2003)
    My phone is a HTC mozart which running WP7 Mango.

Regards,
    Bayern

BayernTo, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

settings for Exchange server from Android to sync calendar to Android

1. settings for Exchange server from Android to sync calendar to Android - Similar Threads - settings Exchange server

2. Clipboard not syncing with android

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard not syncing with android: Hello, I'm having trouble syncing the clipboard between my phone and my pc. I had an s10+ and it worked fine for some time but some weeks ago it just stopped. Now with an updated s23, the problem remains. I already have all the boxes checked on the clipboard settings. Even...
  3. Clipboard not syncing with android

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard not syncing with android: Hello, I'm having trouble syncing the clipboard between my phone and my pc. I had an s10+ and it worked fine for some time but some weeks ago it just stopped. Now with an updated s23, the problem remains. I already have all the boxes checked on the clipboard settings. Even...
  4. sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar: I've got Windows10 home version installed on my desktop. I use Microsoft mail on my desktop for email and calendar. On my Android I use the Microsoft Mobile Outlook app for the same things. What I would like is for the calendars to sync with each other. So, if I add an appt...
  5. sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar

sync windows 10 outlook calendar to androids outlook calendar: I've got Windows10 home version installed on my desktop. I use Microsoft mail on my desktop for email and calendar. On my Android I use the Microsoft Mobile Outlook app for the same things. What I would like is for the calendars to sync with each other. So, if I add an appt...
  6. how to sync widows 10 calendar with android

how to sync widows 10 calendar with android: how to sync widows 10 calendar with android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sync-widows-10-calendar-with-android/3a65eba6-85a1-46a9-953f-d33ecf45f364
  7. Cortana for Android - adding exchange account

in Cortana
    Cortana for Android - adding exchange account: Is there a way to add a Microsoft Exchange calendar to the Cortana for Android app? The app detected my existing Outlook.com email account and I can update that calendar....
  8. App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.: For some years now I’ve been using Companionlink to sync my Calendar and Contacts with my Android device. For the last few years I’ve been using the Outlook app on my Android device and still rely on Companionlink to sync both Calendar and Contacts. Maybe I’m missing...
  9. Sync W10 Calendar = Android Samsung Calendar

Sync W10 Calendar = Android Samsung Calendar: What are the approved and verified steps to implement this consistently ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-w10-calendar-android-samsung-calendar/32637f2a-64bc-4911-81e2-f0329178c3e8
  10. Sync accounts settings with Android phone .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync accounts settings with Android phone .: I have my Android signed in through the Authenticator with my main Microsoft account. Went thru the add device process but it still doesn't show the device in devices in account. Also, when I go to the sync settings in my windows pc, it says " sync is not available with for...