Windows 10: settings for Exchange server from Android to sync calendar to Android

Discus and support settings for Exchange server from Android to sync calendar to Android in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Having finally moved from my loved Windows Lumia 930 phone to Android (Huawei Mate 10), I sorely miss the live tiles, especially for calendar... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by nextenso, Apr 10, 2018.

1. nextenso Win User

settings for Exchange server from Android to sync calendar to Android

Having finally moved from my loved Windows Lumia 930 phone to Android (Huawei Mate 10), I sorely miss the live tiles, especially for calendar displaying the day's appointments.

The Android calendar widget will not connect to Microsoft Exchange server, saying "Can't connect to server". The settings it asks for and I have entered are:

In the following, I put 'domain' instead of my real business domain that Microsoft used to create my 365 account.

Email address - I entered my Office 365 email address - L: name@domain.onmicrosoft.com

Domain - wasn't sure what to put so used - domain.onmicrosoft.com

Username - I put in my email address - L: name@domain.onmicrosoft.com

Password - I entered my account password for Office 365

Server - I took from the address stated at Outlook/Info - owa.domain.onmicrosoft.com

Port - 443

Security Type - SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates)

Client Certificate - none - I do not know of one

Mobile device ID - this is auto-populated

Then I click 'Next' and it says "cannot connect to server"

The full address stated at Outlook/Info is https (etc) outlook.office365.com/owa/domain.onmicrosoft.com

:)

nextenso, Apr 10, 2018

2. Outlook for Android creates reminders for appointments when there should be none

Apologies if this is not a correct location for Outlook for Android questions, I wasn't able to find anywhere else to post this.

I create many appointments on my Exchange server without reminders. However, when these appointments sync to Outlook for Android, Outlook creates a reminder for "at start of event". I also sync my Exchange appointments to Google Calendar on my phone, and
    those appointments correctly sync with no reminder, so this is clearly a problem with Outlook for Android.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Jason.Clishe, Apr 10, 2018
  3. BayernTo Win User
    Error 80072F89 while syncing with exchange 2003

Hi,

I got a error 80072F89 while syncing with an exchange server 2003, I had tried a few things

• Tested the server setting in
      https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
      and seems everything work fine from the report.
    • On the phone, if I uncheck all the item(Email, Contacts, Calendar and Task) under "Content to sync" in the setting page. And that sync again, no error comes up.
    • Tried to setting up the same exchange account on an android tablet and it work just fine.

The server is a SBS 2003(with exchange 2003)
    My phone is a HTC mozart which running WP7 Mango.

Regards,
    Bayern

BayernTo, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

settings for Exchange server from Android to sync calendar to Android

1. settings for Exchange server from Android to sync calendar to Android - Similar Threads - settings Exchange server

2. App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    App to sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts to Android device.: For some years now I’ve been using Companionlink to sync my Calendar and Contacts with my Android device. For the last few years I’ve been using the Outlook app on my Android device and still rely on Companionlink to sync both Calendar and Contacts. Maybe I’m missing...
  3. Sync W10 Calendar = Android Samsung Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync W10 Calendar = Android Samsung Calendar: What are the approved and verified steps to implement this consistently ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-w10-calendar-android-samsung-calendar/32637f2a-64bc-4911-81e2-f0329178c3e8
  4. Connecting calendars on the laptop and Android phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting calendars on the laptop and Android phone: I wonder how I can connect my calendars on the laptop and Android phone. I use Surface laptop with associated email account on Yahoo.com. I decided to add calendar to the phone by installing Yahoo email app. However it pulls up my Yahoo.com calendar but not my calendar on my...
  5. cannot sync Android phone with PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot sync Android phone with PC: I want to sync Android phone with PC but the PC doesn’t show my phone on the devices list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sync-android-phone-with-pc/efac799c-8f0c-4af1-8ac8-a97ca8d66629
  6. Sync accounts settings with Android phone .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync accounts settings with Android phone .: I have my Android signed in through the Authenticator with my main Microsoft account. Went thru the add device process but it still doesn't show the device in devices in account. Also, when I go to the sync settings in my windows pc, it says " sync is not available with for...
  7. Cortana suddenly not syncing texts from Android to PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana suddenly not syncing texts from Android to PC: Being able to get texts to pop-up on my PC, and then responding is one feature that I've always enjoyed. But ever since yesterday as of this post they just stopped syncing to my PC when I first get them, and only finally appear after I restart. I've checked all Windows...
  8. Firefox For Android Not Syncing Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox For Android Not Syncing Bookmarks: Hello, One day Firefox just stopped syncing bookmarks on my phone. I read somewhere online that Firefox will only sync bookmarks if there are less than 5,000 bookmarks but, I don't have anywhere that many. I know Firefox recently has gone through some UI changes. Could the...
  9. BSOD Exchange Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Exchange Server: Got a BSOD on an Exchange server today, Windows 2008 R2. I was just looking around the exchange management console and the machine disconnected me, I went into VMWare, opened the console and it had BSOD on me. I managed to run the minidump file in windbg and get the...
  10. Media sync from Android and IOS automatically to OneDrive for Business

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media sync from Android and IOS automatically to OneDrive for Business: Supposed there are many more than just me using Office 365 Personal package to sync medias from our devices. Current situation is that each family must pay 100$/... per year to MS of these personal accounts only because our devices cannot stream medias to OneDrive for...