Windows 10: Settings for Microsoft Account Problem

Discus and support Settings for Microsoft Account Problem in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On New Notifications dropdown I am receiving the following information: Microsoft Account Problem "We need to fix your Microsoft account (most... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BillyS8, Aug 25, 2019.

1. BillyS8 Win User

Settings for Microsoft Account Problem

On New Notifications dropdown I am receiving the following information:

Microsoft Account Problem

"We need to fix your Microsoft account (most

likely your password changed). Select here to

fix it in Shared experiences settings."

My question: Is it safe to Select it?

Any help appreciated. Billy

:)

BillyS8, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Microsoft account set as a work account and a Microsoft Account

Hi Dean,

As per the description, I suggest that you sign out of one of the accounts and sign into the account again. This will help us to know if the account used in either of the account is not the same.

To sign-out of the Microsoft Account follow the steps below

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Settings for Microsoft Account Problem

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Settings for Microsoft Account Problem

1. Settings for Microsoft Account Problem - Similar Threads - Settings Microsoft Account

2. Setting up a Passkey for my Microsoft Account - Problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a Passkey for my Microsoft Account - Problem.: I am trying to set a Passkey for my Microsoft Account. Its a YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID. It says its set up and it shows in Devices and Printers.I go into Security Key and click Manage.I then get a message saying Touch Your Security Key and I can't get past it.I am running Windows...
  3. Setting up a Passkey for my Microsoft Account - Problem.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Setting up a Passkey for my Microsoft Account - Problem.: I am trying to set a Passkey for my Microsoft Account. Its a YubiKey OTP+FIDO+CCID. It says its set up and it shows in Devices and Printers.I go into Security Key and click Manage.I then get a message saying Touch Your Security Key and I can't get past it.I am running Windows...
  4. Setting up a Passkey for my Microsoft Account - Problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Account set-up problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account set-up problem: In setting up my account, I typed my email with a "2" instead of an "@" — that is, jrmfpc2gmail.com instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Can you fix that for me or help me do it? Because of this mistake I can't access my account or use Office.Jim McCrea...
  6. Problem setting up alias for Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem setting up alias for Microsoft Account: I am trying to set up an alias for my Microsoft account as I eventually want to change my sign in and billing email. Currently it is tied to a .edu.au account, and I want to change it to my .hotmail.com account. However, I am getting an error message: This email is part of a...
  7. Problems with Microsoft Account and Family Safety settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with Microsoft Account and Family Safety settings: I am using Microsoft Family to manage my child's internet consumption, and recently have encountered a seemingly intractable issue with one of our Windows 10 devices. Activity reporting began showing a persistent message that this device needed to be have the latest Windows...
  8. Microsoft account settings

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft account settings: Windows 10 Home version 1903.For the past 3-4 weeks when I open my Email,there is a message saying "Your Outlook account settings are out of date"with a button to fix the account.This then asks for the password and when entered it says your account is now fixed.The problem is...
  9. Microsoft Mail account settings problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail account settings problem: Hello, I have a problem setting an account with Microsoft Mail - the password i enter works only once - then it's replaced by something else (I thinks it gets doubled) and I have to reset the password each time I want to check the email. (I save the correct password in the...
  10. Microsoft account settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft account settings: Hi there, I keep getting notification for account issues. when I go into setting and hit 'fix', it tells me that 'something went wrong' with code 0x80090016 machine still functions but the notifications continue to linger.....