Windows 10: Settings freezing when I try to search for languages

Discus and support Settings freezing when I try to search for languages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It freezes on this screen when I try to type in the language search bar and when I press next after selecting a language. No idea why this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by trpkhn, Aug 14, 2020.

1. trpkhn Win User

Settings freezing when I try to search for languages

It freezes on this screen when I try to type in the language search bar and when I press next after selecting a language. No idea why this is happening, if you've got any clues I'd like to know about it, thanks.
    Settings freezing when I try to search for languages 83c7a522-b73c-42f4-8c1a-bb24eb9a94af?upload=true.png

:)

trpkhn, Aug 14, 2020

2. microsoft photos language

Hi Magda,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type settings in the search box.
    • Click on time and language.
    • Click on region and language.
    • Click on add a language.
    • Select the particular language and then make it as default by right clicking on the language and click on as default.

Please post back with the updated status to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Settings freezing when I try to search for languages

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Settings freezing when I try to search for languages

1. Settings freezing when I try to search for languages - Similar Threads - Settings freezing try

2. When I try to install Windows, the language setting crashes. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to install Windows, the language setting crashes. What should I do?: When I try to install Windows, the language setting crashes. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-install-windows-the-language-setting/21ce5c06-7144-47d0-aa0a-df12778eb621
  3. Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...: As the title states, the settings app does not respond when I try to open the lock screen settings or the background settings. The other tabs work, the other settings accessible in the personalization section work as well. I tried checking for updates, restarting computer and...
  4. Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...: As the title states, the settings app does not respond when I try to open the lock screen settings or the background settings. The other tabs work, the other settings accessible in the personalization section work as well. I tried checking for updates, restarting computer and...
  5. Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le1daz/settings_app_freezes_when_i_try_to_open_vpn/
  6. Settings freezes when trying to pair Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings freezes when trying to pair Bluetooth.: Hello, Recently my laptop lost the ability to pair new Bluetooth devices. My Settings app would freeze when I click on any options in Settings > Bluetooth & Other Devices > Add Bluetooth and other devices. Also, when I click the Bluetooth button in the Notification bar, the...
  7. Windows language screen freezes while trying to add a language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows language screen freezes while trying to add a language: My windows language settings page keeps freezing while trying to add a language. First of all, the installed language won't even show up. It keeps loading for infinite time.[ATTACH] Next, while trying to add a new language it freezes and I have to end it in task manager....
  8. Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings: Hello all I have set my display language to English (South Africa) in "settings - language" [img] however, when I click "administrative language settings", then copy, it shows English UK as the display language. English UK is not even listed as an option in the Display...
  9. when I search Windows Settings I get NO ANSWER relating to Windows Settings. When I try...

in Windows 10 Customization
    when I search Windows Settings I get NO ANSWER relating to Windows Settings. When I try...: when I search Windows Settings I get NO ANSWER relating to Windows Settings. When I try using the Windows Settings Search Box. If I type devices, it reads in the box NO RESULTS FOR devices....
  10. When I clicked setting - language addition button, the menu becomes freeze

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I clicked setting - language addition button, the menu becomes freeze: 중국어 언어추가를 하고 싶은데 언어추가 버튼을 누르면 멈춰버립니다. 해결할 방법이 있을까요 .. When I clicked setting - language addition button, the menu becomes freeze. Any solution please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Laptop locks up when i change languages