Windows 10: Settings gone awry Please help diagnose

Discus and support Settings gone awry Please help diagnose in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, This is my first post. Thanks in advance! Issue: 1 user owned Laptop with WIndows 10 home edition settings unstable and facotry reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DonthurtmePC, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Settings gone awry Please help diagnose

Greetings,

This is my first post. Thanks in advance!

Issue: 1 user owned Laptop with WIndows 10 home edition settings unstable and facotry reset has not fixed the problem.

Goal (immediate): Display consistent admin settings and if necessary disable/lower threat indicator on any antimalware / behavior shields

Wishlist: : Want to revert back to1 network encrypted 2 way authentification with all the bells and whistles.

In the past few months, my computer has slowly been modified where computer crashes and needs factory reset every week. Below are a few critical changes made by the system or principal:

1. Wireless mouse updated with a 100 different drivers including graphics, admin, USB, PS2, and bluetooth capabilities. Displays remote headset hardware which is actually a software driver that controls audio.

2. File manager is mostly indexes, shortcuts, and wrong icons. For example, VLC was a photo library, recycle bin is partitioned local drive, and firefox/qwant was and assortment of edge and google html.

3. 1 user installed app to 40 other apps that cannot be removed. Including 4 different x box apps that is constantly displaying live. Setting page doesn't display any permissions to remove these features, microsoft account displays an xbox profile exists, however, clicking on xbox settings displays add a profile / none exist.

4. Computer will run several (up to 9 I have seen) sessions at a time. I thought it was a cyrpto miner ploy but I believe it has to do with the high atrophy (cannot turn it off) and boot processor settings in windows. Its set that if a certain percentage of CPU is used , it generates a backup/fresh start.

5. All user managed settings display not paired / not synced with any other device), uses 1 wifi network, and no remote access allowed with home edition (not pro). Computer displays no work/family/device settings however, it is setup with a system generated "group" from the previous update. Along with this, manage accounts displays a work account, skype, xbox, outlook, etc. created by IT admin for my microsoft account name.

I thought it was a virus, however, I believe my efforts to fix it may have inadvertently triggered Microsoft maleware behavior shields (antimalware/runs high entropy status).

Thanks again.

:)

DonthurtmePC, Nov 20, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Settings gone awry Please help diagnose

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Settings gone awry Please help diagnose

1. Settings gone awry Please help diagnose - Similar Threads - Settings gone awry

2. Trying to diagnose a problem, help please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to diagnose a problem, help please.: My computer keeps bluescreening. I've tried reinstalling video drivers, clean installs, factory resetting, and so forth.Minidump files for those interested....
  3. Trying to diagnose a problem, help please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to diagnose a problem, help please.: My computer keeps bluescreening. I've tried reinstalling video drivers, clean installs, factory resetting, and so forth.Minidump files for those interested....
  4. Please help me diagnose this terrible malaise

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help me diagnose this terrible malaise: I was running out of space on my HP Pavilion 17-ab008no and asked my technician whether it was possible to upgrade my laptop by switching the original SSD 128GB with a corresponding one with greater capacity. He said yes and asked me to go purchase a Samsung EVO 860 500GB,...
  5. Help me diagnose a BSOD problem please :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help me diagnose a BSOD problem please :: Hi! So, for a couple of days now I keep getting crashes. They used to be BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code 0x00000124 Here's more info: _On Wed 2/10/2021 9:45:07 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  6. Nvidia is gone please help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvidia is gone please help?: I reset my computer and when it all loaded back up NVIDIA was gone I went to device manager and it wasn't there can anyone help? Spec's are. Dell Vostro 5560 Intel core i5 Nvidia geforce gt 740m And when I did try and install the driver from Nvidia it said this...
  7. Sound is gone, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound is gone, please help!: I don't hear any sound from my windows 10 laptop. I have checked everything, the sound is on, realtek(r) audio. But when I go to device manager and then properties for realtek R audio, it says everything works properly. But when I go to events, it says device not migrated....
  8. Default mail gone awry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default mail gone awry: Good day all... I'm having some trouble getting the correct mail program to handle things I wish to send. We used to run with Lotus/IBM Notes, but have switched to Outlook. Our workstations are Windows 10. The default mail program selected is, of course, Outlook. We cannot...
  9. please help...... apps gone

please help...... apps gone: Good Morning, PLEASE can someone help.... I had a problem with my P Bell computer the other day (Windows 10). It froze completely although the Windows PHOTO was shown. Nothing I could do would change it. So, after I chose 'refresh back to an earlier time' it then came up...
  10. Issues with dual boot gone awry

Issues with dual boot gone awry: Howdy I had a dual-boot situation where I had windows 10 on one hard drive and ubuntu linux on another. I think the grub resided on the windows HD. The windows HD was the master and would boot first. I would then choose which OS I wanted to load. I believe the grub was...