Windows 10: Settings home screen looks different between computers.

Discus and support Settings home screen looks different between computers. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My settings home screen looks different between my Surface Book and a Surface Go that I own. Both are on the same OS Build of Windows 10 Pro. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hwmjr, Nov 21, 2019.

1. hwmjr Win User

Settings home screen looks different between computers.

My settings home screen looks different between my Surface Book and a Surface Go that I own. Both are on the same OS Build of Windows 10 Pro. The Book has no Account info or OneDrive and Widows Update icons at the top. The Surface Go does have that information. Aside from this I don't notice any other differences anywhere in the system.

Settings home screen looks different between computers. c8d0f373-1aae-4de0-b8a5-fd0b87fb9e2d?upload=true.jpg

Settings home screen looks different between computers. e3b88926-19ee-4b45-87a3-a26f8441809e?upload=true.jpg

:)

hwmjr, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Screen shut down at different intervals

Thank you Ron; but that is the first thing I did when I installed the operating system. That was the fist thing I did on any operating system I installed. Even though, I did it again just to make sure; no luck. Besides, the screen "shuts off" at different
    times. I believe it a Malware program. Any suggestions?

I appreciate your help,

David

David J. Spinelli, Nov 21, 2019
  4. N-Gen Win User

Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Settings home screen looks different between computers. - Similar Threads - Settings home screen

2. My settings options look different.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings options look different.: Hello.Im trying to show the taskbar on all my displays,but my settings look different from what I see in the screenshots of other people:First image is my settings and second one is from another user I found on internet....
  3. My settings options look different.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My settings options look different.: Hello.Im trying to show the taskbar on all my displays,but my settings look different from what I see in the screenshots of other people:First image is my settings and second one is from another user I found on internet....
  4. Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up different monitor profiles between home and work: Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to save a little time in the morning depending on where I am working. At home, I have an ultra wide monitor that I hook my work laptop to. Here, I would like to use my monitor as the primary and my laptop as the secondary screen. At work...
  5. windows setting menu looks different

windows setting menu looks different: Hi, Does anyone know why my setting menu looks different? my older menu didn't have those functions above search bar. how can i restore this? you can see those windows update, rewards and web browsing things on top of search bar. [ATTACH]...
  6. Difference between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difference between: Is there a significant difference between the 14" Pavilion Laptop and the 14" Stream Laptop? Thanks. Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between/c649a7f5-03d2-4ee9-9dab-d71a780e228f
  7. Different Looks for Settings App between Two Separate PCs

Different Looks for Settings App between Two Separate PCs: Hi everybody, Can somebody please tell me why the Settings app on my main computer Windows 10 2004 looks different compared to my second computer Windows 10 1909? The top bar with my account info and links to Windows Update and One Drive seem to missing, even before I...
  8. Difference between settings & control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between settings & control panel?: I'm new the the Windows 10 Forums, and actually very new to the Windows 10 operating system (coming from using Apple products). I find it a bit confusing that there seems to be sometimes two places for some settings, for instance I see two different areas for...
  9. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf
  10. Beginner question: difference between Home and Home N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Beginner question: difference between Home and Home N: Which version should I pick and why? Does N version cost more? I'm doing a completely fresh install and I'm going to buy the license after the installation. Also I don't think a need the Pro version. Home or Home N [img] 33242