Windows 10: Settings immediately closes after opening

Discus and support Settings immediately closes after opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kennet Roque, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Settings immediately closes after opening

Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it does, but for me, nothing works.

:)

Kennet Roque, Jun 10, 2023

2. Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately

WOW, such service.... such a quick reply. First, no need to apologize, it's not something you did. From searching at the community forum I notice what's happening with Calculator happens with other apps - they open then close immediately.

Yes, my inquiry was about the Calculator app, the one that's built into / comes with Windows 10. I updated to Windows 10 ver. 2004 the other day. Prior my updating, Calculator worked. Now it opens and all I get to see is a blue dialog and then it closes
    immediately.

so... your suggestion #1 "**Run the troubleshooter" .... did it, here's a screenshot of what came up

Settings immediately closes after opening 9d581f4c-ad3e-4cfc-9987-1387d977ec0a?upload=true.png

... your suggestion #2 "**Reset the Microsoft Store cache" did that and tried Calculator - blue dialog and then it closes immediately

... your suggestion #3 "Press Start then search Apps and Features ... Search Calculator app on the list .... Click then select Advanced options .... Click Terminate then Reset" did that and nothing - tried Calculator - blue dialog
    and then it closes immediately.

.... and here's a video of me trying to run Calculator after completing suggestions #1-3

I captured a video of trying to run Calculator. I can't attach it here but I'm uploading it to Firefox Send. Because I don't have an account there this link will only last one day or one download https://send.firefox.com/download/62fb9966137838d4/#2SxodDMEoCw__yMBYAU5lA

btw, I also downloaded another calculator app from the app store (see below).... Same thing, it opens and then closes immediately. I did the same with resetting it like in your suggestion #3.

Settings immediately closes after opening 3c4f42de-1163-482d-84b5-8c2e7ea1374c?upload=true.png

I'm going to read a book right now so no need to reply until you feel like doing so.

Thank you very much for the quick response and suggestions. I'm sure this will all be resolved eventually.

NestorR_WPG, Jun 10, 2023
  3. SoCal Win User
    Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the Start button also stopped opening, although by right-clicking I could get the basic function list so could still stumble along.
    The Start button problem was fixed by going back to my first Restore point (created by an automatic upgrade), but the Edge problem persists in spite of trying various fixes from posts dating back to the beta-test period. Obviously this is a problem that has existed from the early beta issues ... and it ain't fixed yet!! Any suggestions appreciated, because I note that Win-10 depends heavily on Web access via Edge.

SoCal, Jun 10, 2023
  4. BETA. Win User

Settings immediately closes after opening

GPU-Z 0.8.1 closes immediately after opening

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and I was using version 0.8.0 of GPU-Z(which was working fine) until it prompted me to update to 0.8.1 and grabbed the update but ever since I opened it, it immediately closes and now even the older version of GPU-Z closes immediately.

BETA., Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

Settings immediately closes after opening

1. Settings immediately closes after opening - Similar Threads - Settings immediately closes

2. Settings close immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings close immediately after opening.: Everytime I open settings it closes immediately. I don’t know how to fix this problem I’ve tried factory resetting my entire pc and I’ve tried using Powershell, Command Prompt, and even Task manager to try to make it work again. I can’t go on Microsoft Edge because I need to...
  3. Settings close immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings close immediately after opening.: Everytime I open settings it closes immediately. I don’t know how to fix this problem I’ve tried factory resetting my entire pc and I’ve tried using Powershell, Command Prompt, and even Task manager to try to make it work again. I can’t go on Microsoft Edge because I need to...
  4. Settings immediately closes after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  5. Settings immediately closes after opening

Settings immediately closes after opening: Before I'm recommended sfc /scannow trust me, I've tried everything. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and nothing works. For other people it...
  6. Store closes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store closes immediately after opening: I have tried many ways but windows store not opening ..it just loads and closes itself.I tried ;reseting the appclear cachesync timetroubleshootingand restarting but not a single work for me.plz help me to solve this problem...
  7. Display Settings open and close Immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Settings open and close Immediately: If I try to open the Display Settings through the Desktop, The Settings App, ... every time it tries to open them but after some loading the window closes....
  8. Display Settings open and close Immediately

Display Settings open and close Immediately: If I try to open the Display Settings through the Desktop, The Settings App, ... every time it tries to open them but after some loading the window closes....
  9. Display Settings open and close Immediately

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Settings Closes Immediately After Opening: Hello! I'm dealing with a frustrating problem - my two monitors are displaying what the other should left monitor displays right, right monitor displays left, but I can't switch them around in display settings as I have in the past! Right clicking on my desktop, and then...