Windows 10: Settings in Windows 10 - not opening. Just flash and disappears

Discus and support Settings in Windows 10 - not opening. Just flash and disappears in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my Computer, currently operating Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS build: 18362.207 the Settings-Tool just opens and goes away after about 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jm-Meili, Jul 1, 2019.

1. jm-Meili Win User

Settings in Windows 10 - not opening. Just flash and disappears

On my Computer, currently operating

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1903
    OS build: 18362.207

the Settings-Tool just opens and goes away after about 2 seconds.
    This behaviour started about a week ago, then still running on Version 1803.
    I followed the many recommendations given in various "answers.microsoft.com" sites:

sfc /scannow
    DISM tool
    created new user accounts

With new user accounts, the Settings-tool worked sometimes.
    However it is not the optimal solution to follow: a lot of items must be transferred or newly installed.
    A few days ago I installed the latest package as indicated above.
    However the problem did not disappear.

So I checked Event Viewer and selected the Option "Windows Logs, System"
    Here I get the following error message:
    General Text

The server windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

The details are attached in: "Settings-DCOM-Error Details.txt"
    Further, an information notice was received: "Further Messages.txt"

I assume that some entries in the registry are faulty and should be adjusted.
    Can you help me with this problem and suggest a fix.

Best regards
    jm

Settings-DCOM-Error Details.txt:

General Text
    The server windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Date: 30 Jun 2019 16:47:38
    Event ID: 10010
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: xxxx\yyyy
    Computer: yyyy
    Description:
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-06-30T14:47:38.436109400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1161</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{6617a9cc-3867-49df-ad5b-6c9e75d05f69}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="832" ThreadID="4144" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>xxxx</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-3417644446-2221837683-3241930138-1002" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Further Message:

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}
    and APPID
    {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}
    to the user xxxx / xxxx SID (S-1-5-21-3417644446-2221837683-3241930138-1002) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.18362.145_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy SID (S-1-15-2-155514346-2573954481-755741238-1654018636-1233331829-3075935687-2861478708).

This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

:)

jm-Meili, Jul 1, 2019

2. Settings in Windows 10 - not opening. Just flash and disappears

Thanks Kiran,

I have problem only with "settings". I am able to click open all other listed apps and functions. My windows was all updated just before Windows 10 installation started.

I am working on other steps that you suggested above. Will let you know the outcome soon.

Thanks again.

Dipendra Lal

DipendraLal, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Settings in Windows 10 - not opening. Just flash and disappears

Hi Dipendra,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you face the issue only on Settings/any other app?

• Is your system up to date?

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption. The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces
    incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to refer the below link on how to perform System File Checker and check if it helps.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

If the issue still persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

Boot the computer in Safe Mode and place the computer in Clean Boot.

Step 1:

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed. Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. I would suggest
    you to try the steps in the below Microsoft help article on How to Boot into Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

The steps applies for Windows 10 also.

Step 2:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 8.1, Windows 8,
    Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies for Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot in the above article.

Reference: I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...he-store/ec439819-7ee4-4b4d-abdd-35d82e04c55f

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Settings in Windows 10 - not opening. Just flash and disappears - Similar Threads - Settings opening flash

2. When I open Settings, it just flashes on the screen and then immediately disappears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Settings, it just flashes on the screen and then immediately disappears.: Recently when I tried to check a setting on my Windows 10 machine Version 22H2, Build 19045.3803, the settings window briefly 1 second and then immediately disappeared. I thought it was just a temporary glitch, but that behavior has remained for a week or two. I'd appreciate...
  3. When I open Settings, it just flashes on the screen and then immediately disappears.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open Settings, it just flashes on the screen and then immediately disappears.: Recently when I tried to check a setting on my Windows 10 machine Version 22H2, Build 19045.3803, the settings window briefly 1 second and then immediately disappeared. I thought it was just a temporary glitch, but that behavior has remained for a week or two. I'd appreciate...
  4. When I open Settings, it just flashes on the screen and then immediately disappears.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Store Apps don't load, just flash and disappear.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Apps don't load, just flash and disappear.: Microsoft Store Apps don't load, just flash and disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-dont-load-just-flash-and/3303feec-4bfb-487f-b046-45935f0fc9f3
  6. Window flashing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window flashing and disappearing: A window keeps flashing up and disappearing immediately. It's so fast that I cannot see what it says or any details. It happend when using any program and several times a day. I have a ran a full antivirus scan and nothing has been detected. Please can you help?...
  7. windows settings starts to open then disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows settings starts to open then disappears: When I try to access windows settings it seems to start loading then it disappears. If I try to access my screensaver settings by right clicking the desktop it doesn't work I've tried using the control panel troubleshoot problems and get this error message: "file system...
  8. Im not able to open Windows 10. It tries to open but just disappears after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Im not able to open Windows 10. It tries to open but just disappears after a few seconds.: Im not able to open Windows 10 on my laptop. It looks like it is going to open but disapears with a few seconds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-open-windows-10-it-tries-to-open/85b81eb8-7b8f-4528-b21c-08b2e6b278fc
  9. Windows 10: network disappeared and settings cannot open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: network disappeared and settings cannot open: Hello, After Dec 29th update, which is today, network dispeared from my taskbar. My desktop has been disconnected from internet. I tried to run troubleshooting, but no result. Settings wouldn't open. All Settings cannot open, and setting windows just flashes and closes...
  10. available networks in Windows 10 not opening, just flashes and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    available networks in Windows 10 not opening, just flashes and disappears: My SSID has changed because I installed a new modem yesterday, and am not using the old router. I started our older laptop today to get it connected to the new SSID, but it won't show available networks. When I click on show available networks, something flashes on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 setting screen flashes and disappears

2. windows settings appears and disappears

3. windows 10 settings menu flash and disappear

4. windows 10 settings flashes and disappears,
  5. When i click on settings it shows and then disaplears,
  6. windows 10 1909 settings screen disappears,
  7. windows 10 settings window disappears,
  8. settings will not open windows 10 18362,
  9. windows 10 settings not opening just flashes ,
  10. settings closes disappears,
  11. predator sense just flashes and doesnt open,