Windows 10: Settings is on my taskbar, but is invisble

Discus and support Settings is on my taskbar, but is invisble in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my taskbar is being weird, since all of the other icons are being shown: but settings isn't.I've seen other people fix this by right clicking on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by .QM, May 1, 2021.

1. .QM
    .QM Win User

Settings is on my taskbar, but is invisble

So my taskbar is being weird, since all of the other icons are being shown: but settings isn't.I've seen other people fix this by right clicking on it twice, but no properties button comes up for me, so I am stuck.Please help!

:)

2. John Fer Win User

Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, May 1, 2021
  3. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Settings is on my taskbar, but is invisble :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 1, 2021
  4. Settings is on my taskbar, but is invisble

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Settings is on my taskbar, but is invisble

1. Settings is on my taskbar, but is invisble - Similar Threads - Settings taskbar invisble

2. Taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar settings: how can i move taskbar to the side of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings/33afee52-f834-4f5a-993b-b227681ff1b6
  3. No taskbar or settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No taskbar or settings: windows 11 updated and the taskbar has disappeared. Settings will not open. Back way through windows tab R to control panel taskbar doesn't open, settings won't open. No taskbar no settings...
  4. Taskbar Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Settings: Hello, I'm Shrijit Sahu.Actually, I wanted to enable Meet now button. I followed the steps, but it ended in this way:Now, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings/65e18afa-b666-48a0-9609-adde4046bea6
  5. Taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar settings: I have a problem. I did not do this. I woke up this morning and it was there.But I know it is something simple. TASKBAR SETTINGS. Where do I turn on and off taskbar setting I know ow how to do that. I do not know which program it is otherwise I would have control of it. 1....
  6. Taskbar setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar setting: After the latest update, the taskbar does not show what windows I have open anymore except for the one I am currently on. E.g. before, if I was on the desktop screen, the task bar would highlight that I have a Chrome window open, a Discord window open and so on. Now if I am...
  7. taskbar settings

taskbar settings: How to enable start, taskbar, and action center? When I am opening "colors" in settings onlytitle bars and window borders is active. Thanks Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings/14156144-2e7b-4d83-a2b7-cbe07f16a67a
  8. How to get my "invisble" product key back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get my "invisble" product key back: So I got my hands on a win 10 pro license 2 years back, now am switching to Linux but keeping Win 10 for games. I have now backed up all the stuff I require and would like to reinstall Win 10 for other reasons. So my option to do so is to use the Windows Installation Media...
  9. my cursor is invisble after the windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my cursor is invisble after the windows update?: after Installing windows update and restarting my laptop my cursor is not visible . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cursor-is-invisble-after-the-windows-update/6bc1c46e-acec-423c-b75f-d2f1bcfbbd73
  10. Taskbar Settings . . .

Taskbar Settings . . .: I have a Dell laptop, running Windows 10 Pro. I have many shortcuts on my taskbar. It was very nice. I could get, to anything very quickly. But, now all of a sudden. There's an up and down arrow, on my taskbar. Up for half, down to the other half, of my shortcuts. I don't...