Windows 10: settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up

Discus and support settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up in Cortana to solve the problem; can u keep settings from popping up every time i'm on line there it is. please remove ty... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PUG 738, Jul 7, 2019.

1. PUG 738 Win User

settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up

can u keep settings from popping up every time i'm on line there it is. please remove ty

:)

PUG 738, Jul 7, 2019

2. Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 7, 2019
  3. DougMarvy Win User
    Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Thanks for the time, Parth. You explain how to show the most visited sites. This I know. I've asked how to sort them, , and you do not address my question.

DougMarvy, Jul 7, 2019
  4. gpstoloff Win User

Edge-When I right click back arrow it shows no history

You're lucky, Rick. My Edge doesn't keep any history.

I've tried changing the clear settings to clear nothing, but no joy!

Any suggestions?

gpstoloff, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up - Similar Threads - settings keeps popping

2. Pop up page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop up page: I am getting a page come up saying I have a trojan and if I do't click on it my computer will be irreversibly damaged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-page/fb2522f9-66a0-4a3c-b696-5134dfe5e9ba"
  3. reg.exe keeps popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reg.exe keeps popping up: reg.exe keeps popping up During All The Time in every time popp up its popping double time[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regexe-keeps-popping-up/10d5e9ee-71ed-407f-b70d-04c4ce34240c
  4. reg.exe keeps popping up

reg.exe keeps popping up: reg.exe keeps popping up during all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regexe-keeps-popping-up/e1e75045-fd8e-4c48-94ea-9f5999827412
  5. Message keeps on popping up

Message keeps on popping up: I keep on getting this message. Titled. IVGBNB~1.txt Script file not found C:\OEWAJ~1\IVGBNB~1.txt Any tips how to get rid of it? There is no such folder under c:...
  6. Message keeps popping up

Message keeps popping up: [ATTACH] This keeps popping up on my screen. Is this legit or is this is this a scam or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/message-keeps-popping-up/83181e7a-33b8-4346-b048-5b5bb3aed167
  7. Win10 broke down and i tried to reinstall it but i screwed things up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 broke down and i tried to reinstall it but i screwed things up: Alright so my laptop gave up on life a week ago. I can't get into win10 due to a failure of system32, i don't know how it happened. I got a win10 usb ready for my laptop and tried to install it, said install but after the restart it got in a loop of installing windows again...
  8. UAC keeps popping up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC keeps popping up: I've had this annoying problem since the last windows update, UAC keeps popping up every time I try to change windows settings. I've tried changing the UAC settings but the only one that works is to turn it off completely, which I'd rather not. I am logged in to an admin...
  9. A White window keeps popping up every few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    A White window keeps popping up every few minutes: As the title says, I keep getting a white window that pops up around every 5-10 minutes or so. The window is completely blank and is resizable. It stays on my screen for around 10 seconds and then disappears. I attached a picture of a screenshot for you guys to see. I need...
  10. Window Keeps Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Keeps Popping Up: Every once in a while, at random intervals, the detail page of my Backup (D:) drive pops up, filling the monitor and overriding whatever is on the monitor at the time. The display can be instantly removed by hitting the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the monitor. 61889