Windows 10: settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up

Discus and support settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up in Cortana to solve the problem; can u keep settings from popping up every time i'm on line there it is. please remove ty... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PUG 738, Jul 7, 2019.

1. PUG 738 Win User

settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up

can u keep settings from popping up every time i'm on line there it is. please remove ty

:)

PUG 738, Jul 7, 2019

2. Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 7, 2019
  3. DougMarvy Win User
    Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Thanks for the time, Parth. You explain how to show the most visited sites. This I know. I've asked how to sort them, , and you do not address my question.

DougMarvy, Jul 7, 2019
  4. gpstoloff Win User

Edge-When I right click back arrow it shows no history

You're lucky, Rick. My Edge doesn't keep any history.

I've tried changing the clear settings to clear nothing, but no joy!

Any suggestions?

gpstoloff, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. settings keeps popping up on every page i visit and it screws things up - Similar Threads - settings keeps popping

2. "Find on page" keeps popping up and stealing the keystrokes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Find on page" keeps popping up and stealing the keystrokes.: I am using a macbook laptop with dual system windows&apple this is happening at windows system Whenever I open browser edge or chrome in my laptop "find in page" Keeps popping up even though I have not pressed ctrl+f or f3. It will be working fine until I type anything like...
  3. "Find on page" keeps popping up and stealing the keystrokes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Find on page" keeps popping up and stealing the keystrokes.: I am using a macbook laptop with dual system windows&apple this is happening at windows system Whenever I open browser edge or chrome in my laptop "find in page" Keeps popping up even though I have not pressed ctrl+f or f3. It will be working fine until I type anything like...
  4. Window keeps popping up when scrolling a page.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window keeps popping up when scrolling a page.: This window pops up when I am scrolling a page. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-keeps-popping-up-when-scrolling-a-page/ca70b021-807c-4695-89f8-c5380a5d4c95
  5. Window keeps popping up when scrolling a page.

Window keeps popping up when scrolling a page.: This window pops up when I am scrolling a page. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-keeps-popping-up-when-scrolling-a-page/ca70b021-807c-4695-89f8-c5380a5d4c95
  6. I screwed up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I screwed up.: While trying to organize my hard drive partitions I converted my C: Drive into a dynamic disk. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to convert it back to a basic disk. the good news is that it is a relatively new system, so it doesn’t matter to me if I lose files in...
  7. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  8. Onenote page keeps popping up

Onenote page keeps popping up: Hi Guys I am running Windows Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.476) I have never used Onenote but since a recent Windows update I keep getting a blank Onenote page popping up on my screen It started as just one page then doubled to two pages then four pages and currently I get...
  9. Page Default error keeps popping up

Page Default error keeps popping up: Hello all, I’d like to first start off this problem with a bit of a back story.. Just as of Thursday(the day before i write this) i installed the new version of Windows 1903. Which a very cool upgrade. The first time i tried updating i got a BSOD so i retried with...
  10. Pop up page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pop up page: I am getting a page come up saying I have a trojan and if I do't click on it my computer will be irreversibly damaged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-page/fb2522f9-66a0-4a3c-b696-5134dfe5e9ba"