Windows 10: Settings links broken

Discus and support Settings links broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Looks like some of the links in Windows Settings are broken (I think they only broke after the Anniversary Update). If anyone knows how to fix this it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yogalD, Aug 4, 2016.

1. yogalD Win User

Settings links broken

Looks like some of the links in Windows Settings are broken (I think they only broke after the Anniversary Update). If anyone knows how to fix this it would be most welcome.

• In Settings>System>About, clicking "Device Manager" at the bottom of the page results in an error:
      Settings links broken [​IMG]
    • Every link to Device Manager in Settings gives the same error
    • System>Display>Advanced Display Settings>Color Management, Color Calibration, ClearType text, and Display adapter properties give an error
    • Devices>Mouse and Touchpad>Additional mouse options: error again
    • Network & Internet>Change adapter options: error
    • Probably many more links are broken, I didn't bother to check.
    Seriously, WTF Microsoft. And I'm usually the one who never has any problems with Windows, so this must be serious.

:)

yogalD, Aug 4, 2016

2. Settings- Every Link Broken

The following error appeared:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log (path to file). For example (path to file). Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Opening the text file brings up a whole lotta stuff (far too much to post here) but some highlights include...

-Primitive installers committed for repair

-DIRSD Owner Warning] Directory [Downloaded Program Files] is owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-IE-ObjectControlViewer

-A few more like the above, but for IME\IMEKR, IMEKR\DICTS, IMEKR\HELP

BlueBanthaMilk, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Settings- Every Link Broken

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

The issue seems to be due to some .dll file corrupted. I would suggest you to run SFC scan.

a) Press ‘Windows + X’ Keys.

b) Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ to bring up an elevated command prompt.

Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

c) In the command prompt type in the following command and then press
    Enter.

sfc /scannow

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Settings links broken

I have seen this error, when I had service "Distributed Link Tracking Client" disabled.

Run CMD as admin and copy/paste (running chkdsk might fix corrupted links afterwards, if not try to restart)

sc config TrkWks start= auto
    net start TrkWks
    chkdsk /scan

If it does not help, you might need to have to run the whole maintenance set to fix Windows.

TairikuOkami, Aug 4, 2016
  5. yogalD Win User
    Worked great after the reboot, thanks *Smile

yogalD, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Settings links broken

1. Settings links broken - Similar Threads - Settings links broken

2. Broken links for LifeCam software and firmware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken links for LifeCam software and firmware: I'm trying to download LifeCam HD firmware update and 3.6 software but all links in the page below are broken 404 error: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/get-firmware-drivers-and-software-for-microsoft-lifecam-cameras-4de0695c-8b9c-8666-24a8-ecd3d7a5d79b Such as...
  3. wushowhide.diagcab download link broken

wushowhide.diagcab download link broken: The download link for wushowhide.diagcab at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10-17df0ef3-7480-36e9-0ed9-118351398897 does not seem to be working for me. I've tried on multiple browsers and in...
  4. DirectX Links broken

DirectX Links broken: Why are the main DirectX pages broken and giving me a 404 error, saying "We're sorry, this download is not available". https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35...
  5. Link Broken?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Link Broken?: The article "Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed" has this link in which it provides the link to the troubleshooter which is the Microsoft Installation Troubleshooter. The problem is that the link appears to be broken or down and it says: 404...
  6. WebEx Link Broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WebEx Link Broken: I need to install WebEx for school and after installing it I trying to run the program I keep getting this:Error Also your subs css is broken so I can't flair on the website :/ submitted by /u/FOSSilized_D43mon [link] [comments]...
  7. Link to premium upgrade broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to premium upgrade broken: I have been unable to upgrade to premium microsoft casual games. The link freezes when I try to subscribe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-to-premium-upgrade-broken/bde51dc5-569d-441a-b4ed-8457a786a4c0
  8. broken email links

in Windows 10 Customization
    broken email links: the links in my email show pop-up of link but will not link. I have tried the same email link on my I pad and Iphone and they work how do I fix this broken email links...
  9. Settings broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings broken: So, my relative was playing with my computer, when she started messing around and messed up all my settings. I can't switch windows unless with Alt + Tab shortcut, and my Desktop screen format has changed. There is also 3 new unwanted icons on my task bar. [ATTACH]Could you...
  10. Broken search result links

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken search result links: Hey guys, first time poster here, I have a weird issues right now. So recently I reinstalled both GOG galaxy and Gwent to a different drive on my pc and since then I have this issue https://i.imgur.com/tSWkpTa.jpg Before I could type Gwent or gog in start menu and they...