Windows 10: Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help?

Discus and support Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just recently downloaded Windows Ten today 7/29/2015 and I wanted to personalize my computer. I opened the start window and clicked settings. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AndrewPoole, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help?

I just recently downloaded Windows Ten today 7/29/2015 and I wanted to personalize my computer. I opened the start window and clicked settings. The window flashed up but then disappeared. It isn't showing up in my taskbar or in task manager. I tried accessing it from the tile itself and the little button on the side of the window. I also asked Cortana. All of the results were the same? Any help would be greatly appreciated.*Sad*Sad*Sad*Sad*Sad

:)

AndrewPoole, Jul 29, 2015

2. windows 10 control Settings menu closes as soon as I open it

Dear Friends

i am getting a problem with windows 10 after update last kb3176938 that when i open the setting or any other related to setting or user account windows is close as i open it

i am not getting any solution for it, please help me for it

deep.sharma84, Jul 29, 2015
  3. windows 10 control Settings menu closes as soon as I open it

still i am waiting for answer and facing the same problem....

deep.sharma84, Jul 29, 2015
  4. edmscan Win User

Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help?

No problems here. I just did it .. and I get a regular settings window as I would expect.

edmscan, Jul 29, 2015
  5. firenate Win User
    I have the same problem if you I find any more information on it I will reply back here.. One this is on windows 8 all you have to do was make another account with the admin command line type net user username password / add and the it would fix on that account but its not working for me maybe give that a shot

firenate, Jul 29, 2015
  6. I have the same problem, but I think I might have uncovered some more information: If you try to go into the personalize page, by right clicking on the desktop then clicking personalize, it says that ms-settings*Tongueersonalization-background does not have a program associated with it. That name is just the title of the pop-up, by the way. Try it and see what you think.

SubatomicCake, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Same problem here, guys. I installed Windows 10 last night. Everything seems to be working, but I can't open Settings. I have tried start menu, win+i, and the side bar menu, all with the same results. The window appears for a split second and then closes. As SubatomicCake mentioned, the personalize page after right clicking on the desktop gives me the same error. Any help is greatly appreciated!

mlwhitaker01, Jul 29, 2015
  8. LoliTrash Win User

Same exact problem except sometimes it stays open longer.
    It closes on its own sporadically and usually within the first 20 seconds.

LoliTrash, Jul 29, 2015
  9. I had the same issue, but noticed in my application logs I kept getting a Side by Side error that "C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\Application.manifest" had invalid xml syntax. I opened the file in notepad and saw it was empty. All you need to do is delete this file (I just renamed it). My settings worked immediately as soon as this file was out of the way. I hope this helps someone.

smithpaul60, Jul 30, 2015
  10. So far so good, this seems to have worked! Thanks smithpaul60!

mlwhitaker01, Jul 30, 2015
  11. firenate Win User
    firenate, Jul 30, 2015
  12. albeezy Win User
    I have tried this but it keeps on telling me to require permission from trustedinstaller to make changes to this file. What do i do?

albeezy, Aug 21, 2016
  13. Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help?

I used this link which fixed most of my issues *Biggrin
    Removed direct download link

PascoeManJR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings menu closes as soon as I open it. Help? - Similar Threads - Settings menu closes

2. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings are closing as soon as I open them?: When I go to open my settings close on startup I have restated my computer multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-are-closing-as-soon-as-i-open-them/d4053446-b503-467d-a92b-2e55e28147e4
  3. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My settings are closing as soon as I open them?: When I go to open my settings close on startup I have restated my computer multiple times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-are-closing-as-soon-as-i-open-them/d4053446-b503-467d-a92b-2e55e28147e4
  4. My settings are closing as soon as I open them?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Store closing as soon as i open it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store closing as soon as i open it: This has happened twice to me now, the first time I had to wipe my whole pc after trying every "fix". Don't feel like doing this again after losing all my stuff, can somebody help? This is really stressing me out.BTW i have done wsreset, deleting directories, reseting...
  6. Windows 10 Display settings closes as soon as opened - Solved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Display settings closes as soon as opened - Solved: The crashing of the System/Display settings gui in Windows 10 can be solved by enabling the Connected Devices Platform Service" (CDPSvc) and "Network Connection Broker" (NcbService) services. https://www.nyitsupport.com/2020/07/windows-10-display-settings-closes-as.html...
  7. Cortana closes as soon as she opens

in Cortana
    Cortana closes as soon as she opens: hen itap the mic she closes automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-closes-as-soon-as-she-opens/e17f19b6-af63-43cc-a98b-7dd3f3313591
  8. my outlook keeps closing as soon as I open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my outlook keeps closing as soon as I open it: Hi, I need some help please. In the last few days I've had a problem with my Outlook. As soon as I open it, it stays open for a few seconds then closes. I have tried doing an on-line repair, but that didn't fix it. Thanks in advance....
  9. Many applications close/crash as soon as I open them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many applications close/crash as soon as I open them: writing this on my phone. as the title says, lots of applications I try to open including: chrome, word, firefox, and the search bar all close as soon as I try to open them. Trying to open it too many times will cause my laptop to crash saying kernel security check error....
  10. CMD window closing as soon as opened

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD window closing as soon as opened: This just started about two weeks ago. As soon as use the CMD command the window closes right away. Doing some research, I think possibly it occurred after my computer got infected with a miner. My antivirus killed it right away and dozens of full scans indicate I am virus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Settings menu closes as soon as I open i

2. ms-settings closes immediately

3. settings closes when i open it

4. open a menu and it closes immediately