Windows 10: Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything

Discus and support Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just updated from Windows 7, and I wanted to change my desktop picture. I clicked on "Personalize" and this menu showed up: [ATTACH] It was stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CindyKaye1, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything

I just updated from Windows 7, and I wanted to change my desktop picture. I clicked on "Personalize" and this menu showed up:

Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything dce120a6-c149-4db1-a70a-9095e083b376?upload=true.png

It was stuck like this. I could not click on any of the buttons on the side or anything. I tried going to my Settings from the start menu and this appeared:

Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything 421ee2df-48bc-45de-9c1e-3eb8f1198517?upload=true.png

My mouse cursor was stuck as a blue spinning circle, and again I could not click on any of the options. This happens forevery settings menu I try to open on my computer. I have already tried several things to fix it, but they did not work. I tried running a SFC scan, but nothing came up. I ran a troubleshooter and it said nothing was wrong. I tried redownloading the Windows Apps through PowerShell, but that did not fix it either. I could not find anyone else having this issue online.

:)

CindyKaye1, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything

1. Settings Menus Will Not Respond, Cannot Click Anything - Similar Threads - Settings Menus Respond

2. I cannot click anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot click anything: I turned on click lock, and I can’t click anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-click-anything/1ad7ec25-9723-480b-9e7a-e1f0944e0af0
  3. I cannot click anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot click anything: I turned on click lock, and I can’t click anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-click-anything/1ad7ec25-9723-480b-9e7a-e1f0944e0af0
  4. Windows Cannot Click and Open Anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cannot Click and Open Anything: Hi, can someone please help me?I just update my Windows. After turn it on, I cannot click or open anything, also press the short cut button like volume or brigthness sometime it works very slow. I tried several steps on internet, but it all need me to open task manager or...
  5. Periodically cannot click on anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Periodically cannot click on anything: Im at a loss as to what could be causing this. it happens quite often that i just cannot click anything, its like all windows go to the background and i cannot refocus on them.The only way to fix it is to press Winkey + L and log back in, which will only solve the problem for...
  6. Not responding to clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not responding to clicking: Hi, I use an HP Pavilion running Windows 10 (OS build: 18363.1316). Today, after restarting it I noticed that clicking on certain thing in the taskbar wouldn't bring a response or open anything. For example, I cannot type anything into the search bar or press on the windows...
  7. Cannot click on anything except icons on the desktop

Cannot click on anything except icons on the desktop: Hello community. Lately I am encountering this weird bug thanks to which I cannot click on anything that is not desktop. I can launch programs via their shortcuts but when I click on their working window the computer bypasses them and clicks on the desktop instead, graying...
  8. Windows 10 freezes up not responding mouse still moves but cannot click on anything,...

Windows 10 freezes up not responding mouse still moves but cannot click on anything,...: Please help, its been happening quite often and its really fustrating. The entire system locks up and stays with a spinning blue circle after a while. The keyboard doesnt respond either so I cant bring up the task manager but even if I do I cant click on anything and always...
  9. Cannot click and drag anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot click and drag anything: I cannot click and drag anything. I cannot select multiple items, such as text or icons. I cannot move windows on the screen. I have checked my settings, installed the specific driver for my mouse, and have even done a full reinstall of Windows. The problem still persists....
  10. Pictures/Screen/Menus bounce up and down when I try to click anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pictures/Screen/Menus bounce up and down when I try to click anything: So each time I open a picture, or try to do anything with my computer, the screen i am currently on bounces up and down rapidly. It does not let me click on anything. I have looked at a few threads here, but nothing i have seen works because as soon as i try to do what it...