Windows 10: Settings not opening in Windows 10 October Update

Discus and support Settings not opening in Windows 10 October Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, First of all, Happy New Year everyone. I run Windows 10 64-bit version 1809 and my Settings only open in one way, namely when I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Klauwaart, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Klauwaart Win User

Settings not opening in Windows 10 October Update

Hi,

First of all, Happy New Year everyone.

I run Windows 10 64-bit version 1809 and my Settings only open in one way, namely when I click on the little speech balloon on the bottom right and select "Settings" there.

Clicking on Settings from the Start Menu or even the combination "Win+I" do not work.

Just to be absolutely clear: IMHO it is not Windows (not this version anyway) that is at fault, as I updated from version 1803 yesterday and the fault was already there, I had to re-install version 1803 from scratch and that is when it started.

The upgrade to version 1809 did not change it.

I have tried to (as I read this was a possible solution) install Visual C++ and Net Framework, but that did not help.

BTW I am posting this because all the posts I have read seem to be quite old.

And, please, try to avoid the solution where I have to set up a new account, as I am really dreading this one.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

:)

Klauwaart, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Settings not opening in Windows 10 October Update

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Settings not opening in Windows 10 October Update

1. Settings not opening in Windows 10 October Update - Similar Threads - Settings opening October

2. Windows 10 October 2018 update not showing in settings>Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2018 update not showing in settings>Windows Update: I have installed this update before no problem. I currently have version 1803, because I upgraded from a crappy WD HDD to a Samsung SSD, and the USB I had was version 1803, not 1809 like my hard drive had. So, my issue is that it refuses to show up in Windows Update. PERIOD....
  3. Windows Settings not opening after update to 1809 (October update)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Settings not opening after update to 1809 (October update): Windows Setting will not open after I completed the latest Windows 10 update. How can this be repaired? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-not-opening-after-update-to-1809/4fd8ded1-c433-4413-af60-90be7eece4fa
  4. No sets feature in Windows 10 october update for me!

No sets feature in Windows 10 october update for me!: I have no option for enabling sets in my pc. But my windows 10 is october update! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sets-feature-in-windows-10-october-update-for/2c0b962f-a7f5-4388-b0ec-f2371eedce30
  5. Windows 10 October Update "Settings" App Doesn't Open (Crashes)

Windows 10 October Update "Settings" App Doesn't Open (Crashes): Ever since the big October update I have been unable to open the settings app because it launches for a few seconds, then crashes. I cant uninstall the update as it doesn't appear in control panel. I can't system restore before the update. I have tried every solution I can...
  6. Can't open Settings after installing The October Update

Can't open Settings after installing The October Update: Uploaded The October Update 1809. Pressed on the Reset button(which is near the Power button). The Update was installed, but The Settings are broken. It starts & crashes without any message. Also The Notification bar buttons aren't clickable....
  7. Windows 10 October Update "Settings" App Doesn't Open (Crashes)

Windows 10 October Update "Settings" App Doesn't Open (Crashes): Ever since the big October update I have been unable to open the settings app because it launches for a few seconds, then crashes. I cant uninstall the update as it doesn't appear in control panel. I can't system restore before the update. I have tried every solution I can...
  8. Can't open Settings after installing The October Update

Can't open Settings after installing The October Update: Uploaded The October Update 1809. Pressed on the Reset button(which is near the Power button). The Update was installed, but The Settings are broken. It starts & crashes without any message. Also The Notification bar buttons aren't clickable....
  9. Windows 10 October update 2018 not showing on the settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October update 2018 not showing on the settings: I came back from resetting my PC and found a new update for windows 10. So I went into the settings to update only to find out there's updates for different builds for 1803. Does any one know a way to install patch 1809 please?...
  10. Windows 10 Update 1809 (October Update) Settings not opening

Windows 10 Update 1809 (October Update) Settings not opening: Hi community! Yesterday, I'm updated my Windows to 1809 version. After update, everything works fine, except setting. I mean, it's turning on, but closes. When I right click on desktop and click to change screen resolution, i got this error: ms-settings:display. Any solution?...