Windows 10: "Settings" not opening in Windows 10. Tried everything.

Discus and support "Settings" not opening in Windows 10. Tried everything. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just updated my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When i updated it, setting wont open. The screen will pop up for a second then disappears before i can do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XanderLewis111, Jan 2, 2019.

1. "Settings" not opening in Windows 10. Tried everything.

I just updated my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When i updated it, setting wont open. The screen will pop up for a second then disappears before i can do anything. I've visited numerous of these articles with other people having the same problem, I've tried all of them. And none of them seem to be working. I even tried going back to Windows 8.1 after downloading the installer again, because i couldn't go back through settings. I've tried all of the DISM commands that have been recommended for the fix. I've also tried the troubleshooting, i've even tried looking for new updates or old updates. Nothing is working.

What should i do? because i'm really starting to contemplate if i should just take it into a shop. Id really love not to but i don't know what else to do.

:)

XanderLewis111, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 2, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

"Settings" not opening in Windows 10. Tried everything.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

"Settings" not opening in Windows 10. Tried everything.

1. "Settings" not opening in Windows 10. Tried everything. - Similar Threads - Settings opening Tried

2. Can't open Microsoft/Windows Apps Windows 10 , tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Microsoft/Windows Apps Windows 10 , tried everything.: Hey community, I can't seem to open any Microsoft/windows apps and I've tried fixing this problem but nothings working and I'm nearly sure I don't have a virus I tried doing chkdsk and that whole process and sfc/scannow, I've tried troubleshooting. Some examples are:...
  3. Tried everything to fix the corrupted Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tried everything to fix the corrupted Windows 10: I tried all of the following methods and I’m unable to fix the windows. Here’s what I have tried: Method - 1 Chkdsk c: /r It took it 8 hours to complete and I got error “Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50”. [IMG] [IMG] Method 2 Sfc...
  4. BSOD - Windows 10 Pro - Tried Everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Windows 10 Pro - Tried Everything: Hi i’m having massive issues with a laptop I bought second-hand a few months ago. I am getting BSOD System_Service_Expectation on a regular basis. I’ve tried: - Fresh install of windows 10 pro via USB boot with new disk partitions from scratch. - Updating all drivers to...
  5. Windows 10: "No Internet, open" Tried Everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: "No Internet, open" Tried Everything: I've been struggling with this for a good 6 hours now. Even the console is of no help in fixing this. Only topics about this problem are from 2015. I've tried (in administrator mode): netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset netcfg -d ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew...
  6. Can't Open Start menu or Settings tried everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Open Start menu or Settings tried everything: When I started my PC today I couldn't use the start menu and the toolbar wouldn't disappear in full screen videos also i tried to open settings it say that the settings don't exsist I have tried all the solutions I could find including on other discussion so what should I...
  7. Can't activate Windows 10. Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10. Tried everything.: I just don't know what to do at this point. Won't activate from the "Get Windows 10" program. Won't activate from the MediaCreationTool. It fully downloads and then restarts, but restarts to Windows 8.1 Endless failed updates, Tons of useless downloads in my...
  8. Can't open "show all" in Store, tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open "show all" in Store, tried everything: Hi, folks, ok, since 17th Oct with the new FCU new surprise also came out: The new -iconed and -named Microsoft Store opens but when I click on show all links nothing is showing. The only links working are those for music and films and tv. Already tried wsreset.exe, reset...
  9. Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!

in Windows 10 Support
    Downloads Folder takes forever to open - tried everything!: Hallo,My downloads folder takes forever to open, sometimes minutes before it has loaded every item.It is a common problem, and I've googled for answers but none of them seem to help. I've tried to right click on properties, and under customize set to general items, didn't...
  10. Windows 10 Settings Crash when trying to open it

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Settings Crash when trying to open it: Hi i just instaled windows 10 and its everything alright exept when i try to open the Settings when barely open it crashes and cant do anything about it. I already tried to restart the pc but it didn't worked. Something i did wrong? Can i do something? 9431

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings not opening windows 10