Windows 10: Settings not opening in Windows 11.

Discus and support Settings not opening in Windows 11. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 11. The settings will not open. How to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Robert A. Higgins, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Settings not opening in Windows 11.

I just upgraded to Windows 11. The settings will not open. How to fix this?

:)

Robert A. Higgins, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 9, 2021
  4. AvaniOza Win User

Settings not opening in Windows 11.

SBI site not opening in IE 11 on Lumia 630.

Hi PK Verma,

1. Are you able to open other websites on the system without any issues?

2. When was the last time it was working fine?

3. Have you installed any firewall or security program on your computer?

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer:

You cannot view a secure Web site in Internet Explorer 11

Cannot view secure Web sites in Internet Explorer 8 - Browsers

Step 2:

If the above method does not fix the issue, then I would suggest you to perform Internet Explorer Optimization on your computer and check for the issue.

How to optimize Internet Explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/936213

Step 3:

Now you can directly open https://www.esbionline.com/ in IE 11 on Lumia 630

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control
    settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature

Be the first person to mark this helpful

AvaniOza, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

Settings not opening in Windows 11.

1. Settings not opening in Windows 11. - Similar Threads - Settings opening

2. cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it: after a recent update I am unable to open my settings search from the start menu, my battery icon shows a grey cross, and many more [problems pls someone help...
  3. cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant open my settings and unable use start menu properly cant even search on it: after a recent update I am unable to open my settings search from the start menu, my battery icon shows a grey cross, and many more [problems pls someone help...
  4. I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...: I can't open remote settings, system protection, msconfig, and advanced system settings by clicking on Windows 11 laptop. I think it happened after installing some Microsoft gaming apps which is very concerning. sfc code is not working either, can't restore/create a restore...
  5. I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...

I can't open remote settings, system protection and advanced system setting by clicking on...: I can't open remote settings, system protection, msconfig, and advanced system settings by clicking on Windows 11 laptop. I think it happened after installing some Microsoft gaming apps which is very concerning. sfc code is not working either, can't restore/create a restore...
  6. I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...: I've been unable to open my settings and no, the windows button does not work. I am unable to open my settings and hence unable to open my settings. please help...
  7. I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...

I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...: I've been unable to open my settings and no, the windows button does not work. I am unable to open my settings and hence unable to open my settings. please help...
  8. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  9. Display settings won't open

Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  10. Windows start up. Task bar is infinitely loading windows settings will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start up. Task bar is infinitely loading windows settings will not open: Hi,when i start my computer i get the usual log in stuff which works fine but when i get to the desktop i have no task bar I tried doing a system restore which worked for a couple of days but it have done it again now and i have no system restore points and can’t make any due...