Windows 10: Settings not opening

Discus and support Settings not opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the settings will not open. it starts to then just disappears.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aligar89, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Aligar89 Win User

Settings not opening

the settings will not open. it starts to then just disappears.

:)

Aligar89, Nov 8, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Settings not opening

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Settings not opening

1. Settings not opening - Similar Threads - Settings opening

2. Set 'Photos' default opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set 'Photos' default opening.: My 'Pictures' always open in 'View.... Large Icons'. How do I get all images/folders to open the same from a CD/DVD or USB connection.....currently they open in 'View....List' Thank You....
  3. Unable to open settings through start menu icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open settings through start menu icon: Unable to open settings through start menu. I can open the settings through the search but the icon doesn't appear on the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-settings-through-start-menu-icon/205c969e-57b1-4dfb-b299-323bb113a65b
  4. I can;t open settings on Windows 10

I can;t open settings on Windows 10: I can't open Setting on Windows 10. I am trying to access my photos which won't open either. Was suggested I change settings, but first I need to be able to get into Settings, What has gone wrong?...
  5. Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked

Start menu, settings button and some 'searches' not opening when clicked: Hi, I am having a problem with my surface 3 laptop I press the start button and type 'updates' , and best match is 'Check for Updates'. I try to click it and nothing happens. If I type, for example ' edge', best match, 'Microsoft Edge Browser' and I click on it, the...
  6. I can't open settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open settings: Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-settings/7727bd00-439f-496e-87e4-f39a8eddcf08
  7. Settings and WiFi Manager freeze/won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings and WiFi Manager freeze/won't open: Recently my computer running windows 10 has become unable to open any settings menu including my WiFi settings. If I click on the icon a loading screen will pop up and my disk usage will spike to 100% in task manager, despite not having any other programs running or any...
  8. why can't i open Settings, or get Display Settings or Personalize to open from desktop?

why can't i open Settings, or get Display Settings or Personalize to open from desktop?: One of 3 system users is unable to Open Settings? or Display settings from desk top screen, or 'Personalize' from desk top....all of a sudden? And has a "scanned" item displayed on desk top that won't go away?...
  9. change file types program to open from (no file explorer or settings)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change file types program to open from (no file explorer or settings): I have a problem. I can't change it to camp on explorer (don't know WHAT file that was) and I can't do settings. (it won't list my program on there.) how do I work AROUND it? (my program is GIMP.)...
  10. How to fix: Cortana not opening, settings closing upon launch, right clicking on task bar...

How to fix: Cortana not opening, settings closing upon launch, right clicking on task bar...: I've tried multiple online solutions nothing worked then i tried windows support and got a employee to assist and try and fix the problem nothing changed. So far everything I've tried has been a waste of time. All i need is one simple solution to fix all these problems...