Windows 10: Settings not opening

Discus and support Settings not opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; the settings will not open. it starts to then just disappears.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aligar89, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Aligar89 Win User

Settings not opening

the settings will not open. it starts to then just disappears.

:)

Aligar89, Nov 8, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Settings not opening

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Settings not opening

1. Settings not opening - Similar Threads - Settings opening

2. Settings not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings not opening: My settings menu doesn't open. It looks like the window is opening then it closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-not-opening/3114b7d0-9e72-4387-a52f-c1a9006fe61c
  3. Weirdness! Cannot Open ANY disk drives or change settings in Explorer!

in Windows 10 Support
    Weirdness! Cannot Open ANY disk drives or change settings in Explorer!: All of a sudden, when I try to view any or all disk drives by double-clicking their icons on the desktop, NONE of them will open or display. What I always get instead is the error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  4. Settings will not open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings will not open in Windows 10: I don't know when this started so I don't know what caused this problem as I have not gone to settings in several months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-will-not-open-in-windows-10/1ad57139-1067-4499-baf9-fbe33bebd48b
  5. my system(win10) is crashing and shows blue screen , and also setting app is not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my system(win10) is crashing and shows blue screen , and also setting app is not opening: Hello, After updating my win10 I started to face problem e.g. setting app is not opening, I thought it will be fixed in upcoming updates but it becomes worse now when I am operating on my system suddenly it shows me the blue screen and win crashing error. So after run cmd...
  6. Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically

Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically: when I try to open settings app it crashes. I also try windows key +i, when I use right-click on the desktop and chose Display setting or Personalize I get this error[ATTACH] other apps like Store, Mail, Photo, Stick Notes works fine. I try this solution but did not work...
  7. Surface Pro 4 Windows button, alarm center, settings, etc. do not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Windows button, alarm center, settings, etc. do not open: I have a surface pro 4, and I recently reset it using the windows function. After resetting, I noticed windows button, cortana, and alarm center do not work. In addition, booting with USB does not work either. What can I do to fix this problem....
  8. Windows Won't open Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Won't open Settings: I'm on windows 1803 at the moment, mostly because my machine won't open up settings in the windows menu to check for updates. I've tried using the Run command and then typing "ms-settings" into the box, but I get a popup saying that Windows cannot find "ms-settings." Any...
  9. Can't open my setting on Window 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't open my setting on Window 10: I don't know why when I always open my setting it doesn't work correctly all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-my-setting-on-window-10/c73f7ea1-53c8-4cbc-8bb1-f3b0a0c817ca"
  10. Can't open my setting on Window 10

Can't open my setting on Window 10: I don't know why when I always open my setting it doesn't work correctly all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-my-setting-on-window-10/c73f7ea1-53c8-4cbc-8bb1-f3b0a0c817ca