Windows 10: Settings not opening

Discus and support Settings not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem, the Settings wouldn't open and also the other metro apps such as start menu, Store etc. doesn't open as well. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MonkeyDoc, Mar 21, 2015.

1. MonkeyDoc Win User

Settings not opening

Hello, I have a problem, the Settings wouldn't open and also the other metro apps such as start menu, Store etc. doesn't open as well. I've tried restarting, resetting apps using Powershell, EnableLUA is at 1 also.
    Settings not opening [​IMG]

I'm using Build 9926
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

MonkeyDoc, Mar 21, 2015
  2. Jan Del Win User

settings not opening

Hi,

Since you've already created a new user and run the troubleshooter, we suggest running
    SFC and
    DISM scan next, which scans and repairs any corrupted, missing, or damaged
    system files that may be causing the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Mar 21, 2015
  3. settings not opening

device lenovo ideapad

processor i5 7200

system 64 bit os

os buils 16299.98

shaikfayaz189, Mar 21, 2015
  4. phour19 Win User

Settings not opening

I am having the same problem. Mine does not open anything when I click on setting or store.

I cant really find anyone else posting this problem with Windows 10 till I found this post.

I hope someone suggest something.

Thanks

phour19, Mar 22, 2015
  5. rvbfan Win User
    Did you roll back from 10041?

rvbfan, Mar 22, 2015
  6. MonkeyDoc Win User
    I'm using Build 9926

MonkeyDoc, Mar 22, 2015
  7. phour19 Win User
    nothing?
    I am also using build 9926

Any luck Monkeydoc?

phour19, Mar 24, 2015
  8. MonkeyDoc Win User

Settings not opening

Yes, I found a solution. But you will need to reinstall all of your programs after this. Your files will be kept so don't worry.

1) Download the .iso file from Download Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows
    2) Extract it and run setup.
    3) Choose Keep files and stuff. (the second option, don't keep Windows settings)
    4) Install.
    5) Done.

MonkeyDoc, Mar 25, 2015
  9. jbradly Win User
    I did the upgrade to 10 from Windows 7 on July 30. None of the Metro apps would open except Cortana. I found that if I restarted and opened an app first, then it would open but the second one I tried to open would not. If I opened another program like Chrome of Word, they would open just fine but not the other app like Edge. Going to task manager showed that the app was indeed running it just was not showing. My solution after two hours of restarting the computer was rolling back to Windows 7. Does anybody have a better solution than MonkeyDoc? I really don't want to reinstall all my programs.

jbradly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Settings not opening

1. Settings not opening - Similar Threads - Settings opening

2. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened: I have a brand new logitech MX Anywhere S3 mouse and it will be working fine, but while I'm using it not sitting idle it will completely freeze. The trackpad still works on my computer, but the mouse will stay frozen until I use the windows search bar to search for "Bluetooth...
  3. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened: I have a brand new logitech MX Anywhere S3 mouse and it will be working fine, but while I'm using it not sitting idle it will completely freeze. The trackpad still works on my computer, but the mouse will stay frozen until I use the windows search bar to search for "Bluetooth...
  4. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard freeze - until bluetooth settings are opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I dont know why I could not even open up my security center, if I open it up in settings it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont know why I could not even open up my security center, if I open it up in settings it...: I have already tried the stuff online like sfc scan, and the msc settings. the sfc scan said that it fixed the corrupt files but it did not fix it. And in the msc settings, it shows that the security center is running, and there are no options for restarting it. Also when I...
  6. I dont know why I could not even open up my security center, if I open it up in settings it...

I dont know why I could not even open up my security center, if I open it up in settings it...: I have already tried the stuff online like sfc scan, and the msc settings. the sfc scan said that it fixed the corrupt files but it did not fix it. And in the msc settings, it shows that the security center is running, and there are no options for restarting it. Also when I...
  7. I cant open Settings or microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open Settings or microsoft store: i been having this problem for over 2 years now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-settings-or-microsoft-store/a1d6f33c-9459-4553-a92d-58eb44d083d1
  8. I cant open Settings or microsoft store

I cant open Settings or microsoft store: i been having this problem for over 2 years now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-settings-or-microsoft-store/a1d6f33c-9459-4553-a92d-58eb44d083d1
  9. I cant open Settings or microsoft store

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. after updating feature update of windows 11,i couldnt open my settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after updating feature update of windows 11,i couldnt open my settings app: after updating feature update of windows 11,i couldnt open my settings app.so i tried many fixes including re registering all apps in powershell but it says Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D06, The package could not be installed because a higher...