Windows 10: Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

Discus and support Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by charlesleadbetter1, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my toolbar. i can still access other things on my toolbar but those things dont work. ive tried a few fixes through powershell but to no avail. its just like everything has dissapeared. go to the task manager to try and restart the settings etc and that isnt showing up. really need this as its very frustrating

:)

charlesleadbetter1, Sep 6, 2022
  2. gammalin Win User

Start Button and taskbar not working

I did as suggested but didn't get to Troubleshoot or Reset computer. When it started back up with taskbar was complete and start button working. Everything seems ok, but slower. So thanks for that. Can you tell me about creating restore point manually and creating system image backup ?

gammalin, Sep 6, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, Sep 6, 2022
  4. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

I appreciate the assistance, but the Windows key doesn't respond to my pressing.

Emma Miranda, Sep 6, 2022
Thema:

Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

1. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive - Similar Threads - Settings openning start

2. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive: so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my toolbar. i can still access other things on my toolbar but those things dont work. ive tried a few fixes through powershell but to...
  3. Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings not openning up, start button not working, taskbar unresponsive: so as the title says, nothing is working all of a sudden. i cant access my settings, i cant access the start button, i cant access my mail on my toolbar. i can still access other things on my toolbar but those things dont work. ive tried a few fixes through powershell but to...
  4. Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive

Start Button and Security Settings are unresponsive: Been having problems since the 2nd July 2021 after a "security intelligence update KB2267602 v. 1.343.233.0". The system calculator wouldn't open, nor would volume control from the system tray. When I shut down that night, I was prompted to update and shut down. The next day...
  5. Taskbar buttons and somethings in settings dont work/unresponsive

Taskbar buttons and somethings in settings dont work/unresponsive: My volume, wifi and battery icon are unresponsive to left clicks and some settings like add a bluetooth device are unresponsive when i click on them...
  6. Taskbar And Settings Not Working/Unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar And Settings Not Working/Unresponsive: Hi, I have been having trouble with my pc, my taskbar lost its icons and its functions, my windows menu is also not working whether I left click or right click on it. My settings is also broken too, I cant open it at all, the cortana search bar is also unresponsive, I cant...
  7. Taskbar/Start button not working!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start button not working!: I have Window 10, just upgraded it was working great I turned my computer off and went to bed last night. Today I turn it on and now when I click the start button or windows key. The mouse just looks like it is loading, the taskbar flashes, and nothing comes up. I'm not able...
  8. Start Button Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Unresponsive: My start button and Windows key frequently become unresponsive. The only thing I can do is sign out and sign back in or restart manually. This happens at least once a day, and I'm getting really tired of it. It seems to have started after the last version of Windows 10 was...
  9. Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Start Button NOT WORKING: Hello, I have a Surface Pro 3, updated for Windows 10. I have been switching in and out of tablet mode, and I find myself at a point where now my task bar are not working. For example, when I click on the "Action Center" nothing pops up, or when I click on the WiFi...
  10. Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar blank & Start button unresponsive: Now & then when I start my computer, nothing appears in the task bar, the Microsoft Start button at the bottom left fails to respond to either a left or right click, the Cortana window "Ask me anything" & the Task View are also unresponsive' I then restart the computer...