Windows 10: settings not responding nor is the desktop search bar

Discus and support settings not responding nor is the desktop search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; I have been having an issue when if i press on setting then select an option like system none of the setting load aswell as this when i press to type... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by THOMASJONESe, Mar 21, 2020.

1. settings not responding nor is the desktop search bar

I have been having an issue when if i press on setting then select an option like system none of the setting load aswell as this when i press to type in my searchbar there is just a blank box

:)

THOMASJONESe, Mar 21, 2020
  2. Leah01 Win User

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

Leah01, Mar 21, 2020
  3. My stuff is not responding in the search bar after indexing

Hi Sertan,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

1) Have you made any changes to the computer except indexing prior to the issue?

2) Since when the My stuff button is not responding in the search bar?

3) Have you installed the latest Windows updates?

You can run the Search and indexing troubleshooter
    in Windows 10 and check if it helps. It will find and fix problems with the Windows search. Follow the below steps to run Search and indexing
    troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Search and indexing
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Search and indexing troubleshooter.
    The Error: 0x800f081f might occur if some of the files needed by Windows Update is damaged or missing. I suggest you to install the latest updates and check if it helps to resolve the error after you run DISM.

I hope the above information helps to fix the issue when you use settings. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 21, 2020
  4. settings not responding nor is the desktop search bar

Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

settings not responding nor is the desktop search bar

1. settings not responding nor is the desktop search bar - Similar Threads - settings responding nor

2. Search bar not responding - Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar not responding - Windows 10: Dear all, A few hours ago I encountered an issue with the search feature in Windows 10. It just stopped responding. I am able to type in the search bar, however nothing appears not even a "no results" indication as in other cases reported around. I have tried all the...
  3. Search bar not responding - Windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar not responding - Windows 10: <p>Dear all,</p><p></p><p>A few hours ago I encountered an issue with the search feature in Windows 10. It just stopped responding. I am able to type in the search bar, however nothing appears not even a "no results" indication as in other cases reported around. I have tried...
  4. Search bar not responding

in Cortana
    Search bar not responding: I tried messing with cortana, like setting it up and stuff, I switched to english, worked fine until I restarted my laptop, then cortana would not open, neither search bar would. I have tried a some stuff but with no success, its fine if i don't have cortana, but how to get...
  5. Windows Search bar and Settings

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Settings: Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-and-settings/9e208118-0b9a-4278-8af7-e6ff5c3a9185"
  6. Desktop is Not Responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop is Not Responding: After I reset My Windows 10 Home on My Laptop using Reset PC on Setting, if I click Right Mouse Button, It shows Loading Mouse Pointer and my desktop gone freezing. I tried to restart it and still like that if I clicked right button. Does someone can solve this? Thank You!...
  7. Windows system programs (edge, search bar, settings, etc) won’t load (stop responding,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system programs (edge, search bar, settings, etc) won’t load (stop responding,...: I have windows 10 pro and have been having an issue with some of the core functions. I have downloaded apps (chrome, libreoffice, etc) to work around but am frustrated. When i open a program (edge) it just goes into constant load never works. When i try the search bar from...
  8. Start menu not working, nor search bar, jump lists, clock, etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not working, nor search bar, jump lists, clock, etc: Hello, I have had this machine for a month or so now, and did a clean install of Win10 when I got it. All has been fine until today. I just came back from holiday (not sure if this has any relevance at all, but added it in case), and swapped my keyboard from a...
  9. Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar: Hi I Just bought a new XPS 13 (lowest end model) that came with Microsoft 10 pre-installed (bought it from Microsoft store). my problem is that I cannot search for settings in the main search bar or even the settings search bar, the settings search bar simply doesn't work...
  10. Search for settings entries in the normal search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search for settings entries in the normal search bar: I just installed the latest preview build yesterday. And I noticed that some search functionality is now different. I want to be able to search for 'power options' right on the normal search bar. I can no longer do that. I need to first search for settings, open settings app...