Windows 10: Settings Not Saving After Restart

Discus and support Settings Not Saving After Restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new laptop and have set it up to my liking. I've pinned certain programs to the taskbar, I've configured my mouse settings, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KyShack, May 17, 2020.

1. KyShack Win User

Settings Not Saving After Restart

I recently purchased a new laptop and have set it up to my liking. I've pinned certain programs to the taskbar, I've configured my mouse settings, I've set up my default browser to Google Chrome, and a few other things. However, every time I restart my laptop, the settings go away. The programs I've pinned are no longer pinned, the mouse settings revert back to default settings, and a page on the Edge browser pops up saying "Welcome" or something like that, as if my laptop was starting over. Does anyone know how I can save these settings and not have them go back to default settings every time I restart? Thank you.

:)

KyShack, May 17, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 17, 2020
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, May 17, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Settings Not Saving After Restart - Similar Threads - Settings Saving Restart

2. Lock screen setting will not save after restarting of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen setting will not save after restarting of laptop: I selected window spotlight for my lock screen as a background picture but every time I restart my laptop, the option in the lock screen setting will revert back to picture instead of window spotlight. Is there a way to keep the setting even after I restart my laptop?...
  3. Lock screen setting will not save after restarting of laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen setting will not save after restarting of laptop: I selected window spotlight for my lock screen as a background picture but every time I restart my laptop, the option in the lock screen setting will revert back to picture instead of window spotlight. Is there a way to keep the setting even after I restart my laptop?...
  4. Settings not opening after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings not opening after restart: I made some configuration and upon restart and look for the changes settings wont open at all.I tried to use short cut but nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-not-opening-after-restart/bb7c52e8-9900-4003-a891-0f85dde59164
  5. Desktop Changes Not Saving After Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Changes Not Saving After Restart: To be more specific, when I try to use the context menu to change the desktop icons making the big, small, etc, those changes don't save after restarting....
  6. Desktop Changes Not Saving After Restart

Desktop Changes Not Saving After Restart: To be more specific, when I try to use the context menu to change the desktop icons making the big, small, etc, those changes don't save after restarting....
  7. Mouse settings won't save after restarting my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse settings won't save after restarting my PC: I have a Glorious Model O mouse and when I go to my mouse properties see image and set my sensitivity lower, it doesn't save. It works when I set it but when I restart my PC it doesn't save....
  8. PC not saving after restart?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not saving after restart?: I don't know why but my pc just started having problems. Every time I restart the pc it does not get rid of my apps but it just makes redownload them and my web browser passwords are not saving? Also my pc is a custom built gaming pc that has windows 10 on it and says i...
  9. ease of access mouse settings not saving after restart

ease of access mouse settings not saving after restart: Every time I restart my computer i have to go back int the ease of access settings and change the setting "control your mouse with keypad" to off. But when i reset my computer it turns itself back on. I tried changing on the startup screen but there is no option....
  10. Advanced Performance settings saves until restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Advanced Performance settings saves until restart: I have seen this issue before in Windows 7 but this is happening on one of my Windows 10 computers. I want to have my settings set to Adjust for best appearance but when I restart the computer, it'll be set to custom but all of my settings will still have a check mark in the...