Windows 10: Settings not showing up in the taskbar

Discus and support Settings not showing up in the taskbar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If you don't understand the title, if i open settings its not in the taskbar. Any fix for this? Random topic because there isnt one for taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Soloaaaaa, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Soloaaaaa Win User

Settings not showing up in the taskbar

If you don't understand the title, if i open settings its not in the taskbar.

Any fix for this?

Random topic because there isnt one for taskbar issues

:)

Soloaaaaa, Jan 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 12, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Settings not showing up in the taskbar

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Settings not showing up in the taskbar

1. Settings not showing up in the taskbar - Similar Threads - Settings showing taskbar

2. Taskbar shows up as black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar shows up as black: My laptop's taskbar is a blank black rectangle. Hovering over the area where the apps should have been and clicking doesn't do anything. Clicking on where the search should be results in a black screen. The only thing that happened before this was that I had chosen the...
  3. Taskbar Settings Not Showing Up - Windows 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Settings Not Showing Up - Windows 11 Enterprise: Hey there!Has anyone encountered an issue where the edit taskbar settings do not exist? When I right click the taskbar, the "taskbar setting" icon shows up, and when it takes me to the settings, it simply takes me to the display settings menu where there is nothing...
  4. Taskbar Settings Not Showing Up - Windows 11 Enterprise

Taskbar Settings Not Showing Up - Windows 11 Enterprise: Hey there!Has anyone encountered an issue where the edit taskbar settings do not exist? When I right click the taskbar, the "taskbar setting" icon shows up, and when it takes me to the settings, it simply takes me to the display settings menu where there is nothing...
  5. Taskbar Dosent show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Dosent show up: Hi world.I have set my taskbar to automatically hide itself, and would like to continue using it. I have a problem though. I have to press the windows key to make it appear again, compared to what i usually do, which is bring my cursor down the screen where the taskbar...
  6. Settings and snip and sketches icons dont show up on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings and snip and sketches icons dont show up on the taskbar.: can anyone help? its been bothering me more than it should. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-and-snip-and-sketches-icons-dont-show-up/23f12b51-c17a-40f2-b4d7-08a4115f3cb9
  7. Settings and snip and sketches icons dont show up on the taskbar.

Settings and snip and sketches icons dont show up on the taskbar.: can anyone help? its been bothering me more than it should. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-and-snip-and-sketches-icons-dont-show-up/23f12b51-c17a-40f2-b4d7-08a4115f3cb9
  8. Settings and snip and sketches icons dont show up on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Taskbar won't show up

Taskbar won't show up: When when I am playing a steam game in full screen the task bar won't show up. When I press the windows key the game just freezes and the taskbar is there, I just can't see it, so I have to press something to see it then if I close the thing, I opened the taskbar disappears...
  10. Taskbar not showing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar not showing up: i restarted my computer yesterday and now its weird. I cant connect to wifi which it usually auto connects to, settings is now unresponsive, taskbar is also unresponsive. Whenever i try to press the windows key either it refreshes the computer, it shows up everything but when...