Windows 10: Settings not working for Maps

Discus and support Settings not working for Maps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to download offline maps, plus button is not working anymore. It's working fine on my other system. Already tried resetting windows but no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin2k12, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Kevin2k12 Win User

Settings not working for Maps

I am unable to download offline maps, plus button is not working anymore. It's working fine on my other system. Already tried resetting windows but no good.

:)

Kevin2k12, Jul 8, 2020
  2. CraigS Win User

Work Mapped drives not working at home.

Hello All.

I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home).
    we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive.

however when this user gets home or off the network, the personal drive seems to become inactive/go missing.

there are no USB drives that interfere with the network drives, and i am lost looking for solutions.

any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

CraigS, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 8, 2020
  4. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Settings not working for Maps - Similar Threads - Settings working Maps

2. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  3. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  4. Map not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Map not working properly: Using W11 on an HP desktop. Microsoft Maps does not function correctly. When I type in a road name a drop down menu offers me choices, When I click on one of them I get the message "We can't find ....." . If I use a postcode the location is found....
  5. Map not working properly

Map not working properly: Using W11 on an HP desktop. Microsoft Maps does not function correctly. When I type in a road name a drop down menu offers me choices, When I click on one of them I get the message "We can't find ....." . If I use a postcode the location is found....
  6. More control over memory mapped files and working set size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More control over memory mapped files and working set size: I'm having a lot of question regarding memory mapped files, but currently no one was able to answer specific question. Reading Mark Russinovichs' book didn't help to clarify the details.My problem is that I'm completely relying on memory mapped files since my data is very...
  7. maps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    maps not working: offline Map settings shows: there is a problem with your ofline maps, please restert your computer if it dosnt work you'lle need to delete all your maps. i've tried to delete all my maps, but the same message comes... and i cant download any new maps?...
  8. Windows MAPS not working

Windows MAPS not working: Suddenly Maps doesn't work. When I open the program I see a light blue screen with a dot indicating my home location, and nothing else. I have tried everything that has been suggested: Ensuring that my location is turned on. Maps is checked ON to use my precise location....
  9. Maps app not working...?

Maps app not working...?: Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Whenever I go to load the included Maps app, it tries to load, even showing my local map, before it just shuts down after three seconds. I followed the tutorial to remove apps as show here (I used Powershell - Option #2)...
  10. Work Mapped drives not working at home.

in Windows 10 Support
    Work Mapped drives not working at home.: Hello All. I have a user at work that has a laptop as her main work use (docking station at work, then takes it home to work at home). we have a list of mapped network drives that we use here, including a personal drive. however when this user gets home or off the...