Windows 10: Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares

Discus and support Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the November update I've found my icons in Settings / Notifications 'Show notifications from these apps' are black squares. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomT, Nov 15, 2015.

1. TomT Win User

Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares

Since the November update I've found my icons in Settings / Notifications 'Show notifications from these apps' are black squares.

I've tried deleting and rebuilding the icon and thumbnail caches, rebooted and still have the same.

Before the update they were fine and I've not noticed any other icons show the same.

Any way to clear or refresh these icons ?

:)

2. Windows 10 desktop Icons are blotted with small black square

Original title: My desktop Icons are blotted out with a small black square in them in Windows 10

My desktop Icons are blotted out with a small black square in them in Windows 10

MarianneCusick, Nov 15, 2015
  3. night light not working

Thank you for your reply.

On the front page re Action Centre / new notifications, when I move the mouse over the Night Light square it does not highlight like the other squares.

In order to try to correct this issue, I go into settings, select display, click on Night Settings, go into night settings, then click on the 'turn on now' icon but this icon does not respond, / does not work.

Thanks.

Gerald.

Gerald GTX, Nov 15, 2015
  4. TomT Win User

Hmm. The first Macrium Icon now has an image in it, with a black background.
    No idea how to get the other to display correctly.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled WinSCP and that hasn't helped.

Thema:

1. Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares - Similar Threads - Settings Notifications Icons

2. Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings icons turns to square , How can I fix it?: Hi everyone I hope everything is okay with you, My problem is with Personalization of windows 10 After installing windows 10 I recognized that some settings icons of windows applications or also windows menu or notifications turn to white or black square (according to my...
  3. Icons have black square on them as I mouse over

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons have black square on them as I mouse over: I have an odd problem. Desktop can look 100% fine, then as I move the mouse cursor over the icons, as I move the mouse over each one, they have a black square around them. It seems completely random when it does it. Today it did it while installing a piece of software, then...
  4. Thin blue square on icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thin blue square on icons: I removed the arrow from my desktop icons, but i see there is now a thin blue square around most icons. The blue line seems useless and clutters the icon. Does anyone know how to get rid of those blue lines? And why do they appear on some icons and not on others? 21967
  5. Square line in desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Square line in desktop icons: Hello! I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an issue affect my PC, but every icon on my desktop has a square-shaped line on the bottom left. In the attached image, you can see Steam games, but it affects other shortcuts as well (I just tested with Word, for example). Is...
  6. Icons in the squares of Start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons in the squares of Start menu: [img] Icons in some of the squares of start menu are missing. How to make them appear? 19148
  7. Windows 10 desktop icons suddenly have black squares over them

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop icons suddenly have black squares over them: I just bought a new PC on Thursday and it came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. Having used versions 2.0 (yes I am ancient *Wink), carefully avoiding Vista, ME and 8.x, and on via XP to 7, I felt it couldn't get much better now and had decided I would resist upgrading as...
  8. Open Settings Icon A Black Square in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Settings Icon A Black Square in Windows Explorer: [img] I'm getting a black square in windows explorer... I however know why it is like that just don't know a real fix for it. I have an UHD Monitor on my Laptop with Resolution of 3840x2160, so most things are small... I changed the custom scaling to 250% which makes...
  9. Desktop icons with blank square

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons with blank square: Installed W10 8 days ago Today after a restart some of my desktop icons have a white square in front of them I made the view on large icons , normaly i use smal then only the white square is showing I tryed an icon-cache-rebuild without success Solved by restoring a...
  10. Black Square behind some of my Folder Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Square behind some of my Folder Icons: Hi, I just had this problem earlier. I had this Folder that has a Black Square behind it. I tried refreshing and it didn't work. I tried moving my files from that folder into another it worked. Deleting it and After refreshing, 4 folders have been affected by this problem....