Windows 10: Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares

Discus and support Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the November update I've found my icons in Settings / Notifications 'Show notifications from these apps' are black squares. I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TomT, Nov 15, 2015.

1. TomT Win User

Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares

Since the November update I've found my icons in Settings / Notifications 'Show notifications from these apps' are black squares.

I've tried deleting and rebuilding the icon and thumbnail caches, rebooted and still have the same.

Before the update they were fine and I've not noticed any other icons show the same.

Any way to clear or refresh these icons ?

:)

2. Windows 10 desktop Icons are blotted with small black square

Original title: My desktop Icons are blotted out with a small black square in them in Windows 10

My desktop Icons are blotted out with a small black square in them in Windows 10

MarianneCusick, Nov 15, 2015
  3. night light not working

Thank you for your reply.

On the front page re Action Centre / new notifications, when I move the mouse over the Night Light square it does not highlight like the other squares.

In order to try to correct this issue, I go into settings, select display, click on Night Settings, go into night settings, then click on the 'turn on now' icon but this icon does not respond, / does not work.

Thanks.

Gerald.

Gerald GTX, Nov 15, 2015
  4. TomT Win User

Hmm. The first Macrium Icon now has an image in it, with a black background.
    No idea how to get the other to display correctly.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled WinSCP and that hasn't helped.

Thema:

1. Settings Notifications Icons Black Squares - Similar Threads - Settings Notifications Icons

2. Black square shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black square shortcut Icons: Just started my pc up and most of my shortcut icons are completely covered with a black square. the icons that have a green tick on the bottom left aren't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-square-shortcut-icons/362dd587-3a8f-47ca-805f-1703983ad6ff
  3. Black square shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black square shortcut Icons: Just started my pc up and most of my shortcut icons are completely covered with a black square. the icons that have a green tick on the bottom left aren't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-square-shortcut-icons/362dd587-3a8f-47ca-805f-1703983ad6ff
  4. Black square shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Black screen and/or black square desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and/or black square desktop icons: Computer crashed. New computer with two monitors Windows 11 Pro began exhibiting black screen and tech was unable to resolve issue. They sent a replacement, which is also being replaced for another reason, however just two weeks in, both black screen and black squares around...
  6. Black screen and/or black square desktop icons

Black screen and/or black square desktop icons: Computer crashed. New computer with two monitors Windows 11 Pro began exhibiting black screen and tech was unable to resolve issue. They sent a replacement, which is also being replaced for another reason, however just two weeks in, both black screen and black squares around...
  7. Taskbar Icon Showing as Black Square

Taskbar Icon Showing as Black Square: The taskbar icon for the xbox app is showing as a black square. Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-showing-as-black-square/3f699612-a27b-47ba-8fa0-b2fd34fb8e26
  8. Desktop icons are black squares

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are black squares: For a couple weeks now, I have been stuck with these annoying icon thumbnails, and I have run out of ideas to fix the problem. Essentially, when I turn on my computer, all icons on my desktop and only my desktop that are not native to windows appear as these black squares. In...
  9. Black Squares Over Icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Squares Over Icons: Hi, So my Pc is having a problem where whwnever i play valorant some Black Squares come over icons on desktop, and sometimes over their windows also.But If i close the game they dissapper after some time.Please Help....
  10. Open Settings Icon A Black Square in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Settings Icon A Black Square in Windows Explorer: [img] I'm getting a black square in windows explorer... I however know why it is like that just don't know a real fix for it. I have an UHD Monitor on my Laptop with Resolution of 3840x2160, so most things are small... I changed the custom scaling to 250% which makes...