Windows 10: Settings on my computer are locked

Discus and support Settings on my computer are locked in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically what my issue is is that options that should normally be toggleable are grayed out and locked. I am the administrator of the computer, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GriffonKingBros, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Settings on my computer are locked

Basically what my issue is is that options that should normally be toggleable are grayed out and locked. I am the administrator of the computer, but there is no way for me to fix this as of now. Though most of the things that are locked don't handicap me from doing anything I'd normally do on my computer, the first thing that this issue appeared on is.

I'm currently using a laptop instead of my desktop, but I don't use the touchpad nor the keyboard because I'm more comfortable with a regular mouse and the keyboard has a special "Fn" key for functions on the computer (brightness, media playback, screen lock, etc). The device has a unique application integrated into it called PalmCheck which, in conjunction with the touchpad, locks the mouse for 1 second if you're typing. The purpose of this is to avoid accidentally tapping the touchpad while typing and screwing up what you're typing.

However this has no purpose for me since as I said I don't use the keyboard or touchpad. This wouldn't bother me if it weren't for the fact that this is counter productive towards what I do on a normal basis: play video games. The basic controls being almost EVERY SINGLE KEY ON THE KEYBOARD, you're mouse is basically locked at all times which hinders my game.

I used to be able to go into advanced settings and disable PalmCheck, but it suddenly became locked and I haven't had any way to turn it off other than restarting my computer. Then I have to wait for a 30 second bootup sequence and then wait about 5 minutes for every application on my computer to slowly boot up.

This gets annoying really quick. Below are some examples of what the issue looks like. If anyone has a solution please feel free to share it with me. I've tried everything and I have no clue what to do at this point...

Settings on my computer are locked 9b267614-381c-41d8-93c0-53869e8eb558?upload=true.png

Settings on my computer are locked 89415194-54e3-43b3-b0b4-1301f3a056de?upload=true.png

Settings on my computer are locked 46c2c819-cb81-4c99-9564-fbce741f1c5e?upload=true.png

Settings on my computer are locked 9c713b4b-c940-4cdf-b1e0-d4437130f581?upload=true.png

Settings on my computer are locked f94a4071-fcea-4599-ac11-f28b48c9c8ad?upload=true.png

:)

GriffonKingBros, Mar 24, 2019

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Settings on my computer are locked

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Settings on my computer are locked

1. Settings on my computer are locked - Similar Threads - Settings computer are

2. My computer is locked by the defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked by the defender: I need help to unlock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-by-the-defender/aa9c7568-1598-4695-b59a-ff8bc61c85c3
  3. Locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my computer: Can’t get into my laptop locked out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-computer/0c174547-efd9-47a3-9c93-1577456c7e0e
  4. Update locked my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update locked my computer: In have just done the latest update and my toughbook will not let me login via the camera, pin or password. It has only happened since I did the update. It also comes up with the code 0x0d0000225. Can anyone help with this?...
  5. Spam locking my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spam locking my computer: How do I delete and block this voice and printed spam message on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/spam-locking-my-computer/2d46fc7f-6e87-49ad-952b-353bf567896a
  6. My computer locked up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer locked up: My computer locked up with a message from Windows Defender saying my computer was at risk and had therefore my access had been blocked. It gave me a number to call Microsoft Support at 1-888-210-2718. I have yet to call the number given because I am concerned that it could...
  7. Locked out of my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my computer: I have an HP Pavilion x360. My Pin no longer works and I can't remember my password. I don't have a windows icon on the bottom left of the screen and the windows key doesn't work when I press it on my keyboard. I select "Forgot my PIN" but nothing happens. How do I sign...
  8. Family settings locking my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family settings locking my computer: last night my computer said that family settings now had a time limit and i could not use google chrome anymore today. i asked my mom to fix the setting thinking she changed it but she says she hasnt touched it. now today i only have 30 minutes access to chrome even though...
  9. My Computer Is Locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Is Locked: So I accidentally hit the “r” or “t” key and the computer went blank. I cannot turn it back on or access the keyboard as well as the trackpad. I also tried to plug it in and charge it but that didn’t work. What should I do? Regards, MiaHa...
  10. My computer is locked by a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer is locked by a virus.: Split from this thread. My computer is look by a virus what can i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-by-a-virus/1a12d86f-fd28-4f78-8935-f07f8db23dee

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change my settings to not lock me out of computer on windows10