Windows 10: Settings Panel changes size

Discus and support Settings Panel changes size in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last coouple weeks my Settings panel changes size. Not sure what is causing it. When I open it, it comes up Maximized. If I minimize it, it goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fireberd, Apr 29, 2019.

1. fireberd Win User

Settings Panel changes size

Last coouple weeks my Settings panel changes size. Not sure what is causing it. When I open it, it comes up Maximized. If I minimize it, it goes to about 1/3 size it "normally" is (see screenshot). If I resize it then reboot its OK and is the same size, but at some point something is changing its size. I'm on the latest 1809 Pro version.

Settings Panel changes size [​IMG]

:)

fireberd, Apr 29, 2019

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Apr 29, 2019
  3. SusanZy Win User
    Unable to Change Font/Icon size from Setting app in Windows 10

Old title: Change Font/Icon size

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value
    chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.

When I attempt to follow these directions, the slider bar to make the font larger is at the far left. I can drag it to the right but as soon as I drop it, it bounces back to the left and therefore does NOT change the font size.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Susan Z

SusanZy, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Settings Panel changes size

how do i change the font size?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the font size and check if it helps.

• Go to settings and click on system.
    • Under display tab there's a slider on this page that you can use to change the size of text, apps and other items.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Settings Panel changes size

1. Settings Panel changes size - Similar Threads - Settings Panel changes

2. How to Change Size of Monitors in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change Size of Monitors in Windows Settings: Hi, I would like to change the size of my monitors in windows so that 1&2 are the same size and am not sure what to do. Monitor 1 is connected to a graphics card, and monitor 2 is connected to the cpu if that makes a difference. This is causing issues when moving the mouse...
  3. How to Change Size of Monitors in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change Size of Monitors in Windows Settings: Hi, I would like to change the size of my monitors in windows so that 1&2 are the same size and am not sure what to do. Monitor 1 is connected to a graphics card, and monitor 2 is connected to the cpu if that makes a difference. This is causing issues when moving the mouse...
  4. Can I change Settings back into Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change Settings back into Control Panel?: It's way less useful than windows 7's control panel app with less options, it just annoys me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-settings-back-into-control-panel/0a424de3-723c-42ad-ac4f-99a92b7a95c4
  5. Is there anyway to change the display size in the arrangement settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to change the display size in the arrangement settings?: submitted by /u/tails618 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hoohkm/is_there_anyway_to_change_the_display_size_in_the/
  6. Control Panel, Apps Size, SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Control Panel, Apps Size, SSD: hey. Lately ive been geeting this message saying that my ssd is almost full and i need to free space on the drive but when opening the control panel i cant see the sizes of the apps...
  7. How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc

How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc: Hi. I am a person with a visual impairment and just recent;y got a new laptop. Currently setting it up but despite all my best efforts I can't seem to get the system font size of things like Control Panel or the Properties windows of files larger. I'm also missing the...
  8. Change size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change size: How do I change the size of the Pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-size/356fb25e-fa32-42bb-948d-5b884420a2e4
  9. Start panel icon size

Start panel icon size: There are various sizes available for buttons on the Start panel. I've created a bunch of icons for some of my folders. When I resize them to small on the Start panel they are only about ¼" square, but I note that many of the supplied app icons take up the whole ½" square...
  10. Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10: How to: Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information The layout. [img] The handwriting panel allows you to write in it with a pen (stylus) or your fingertip to enter text into any app. Starting with font size that your handwriting...