Windows 10: Settings panel lists already uninstalled programs

Discus and support Settings panel lists already uninstalled programs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I remove the no-icon entries in settings panel settings program add/remove when I click uninstall it throws me no location/path found error and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pagefile'sys, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Settings panel lists already uninstalled programs

How do I remove the no-icon entries in settings panel settings program add/remove when I click uninstall it throws me no location/path found error and program name entry stays there, it is already uninstalled by me by deleting the program folder related to it, its just empty no icon entry in the settings panel.I think you people should fix problems in Windows 10 first then release Windows 11, there is way too many tiny but vital issues like this,any way how I can fix this? I do want to remove that empty no icon entry from settings program add/remove GUI, it bothers me,good thing is, good old

:)

Pagefile'sys, Jul 25, 2021

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 25, 2021
  3. NOPD Win User
    Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

4. Settings panel lists already uninstalled programs

Program not listed to be able to uninstall

When navigating to Control Panel/Programs to be able to uninstall Quicken, The program is not listed to be able to uninstall. The program is installed and I can locate in the Program Files, but is not listed to uninstall. I have heard that if I were to
    just delete the program, this is not a wise thing to do. Help please.

VictorDespard, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Settings panel lists already uninstalled programs

1. Settings panel lists already uninstalled programs - Similar Threads - Settings panel lists

2. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list: I wanted to try Firefox browser, but when I installed it, for some reason two browsers were installed. Two Firefox were listed in the Start Menu, so I uninstalled one of them. Now I have decided not to use Firefox so I want to uninstall the second version but it is not listed...
  3. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list: I wanted to try Firefox browser, but when I installed it, for some reason two browsers were installed. Two Firefox were listed in the Start Menu, so I uninstalled one of them. Now I have decided not to use Firefox so I want to uninstall the second version but it is not listed...
  4. How to uninstall a Program not listed in File Explorer uninstall list

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Programs not showing in program list in Control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not showing in program list in Control panel: Hello! I have a laptop running Win10 Home. I have been trying to remove some of the programs, but they do not show in the control panel. I have also looked in the registry under Local Machine/ software/windows/current version/uninstall and the programs aren't shown there...
  6. Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program uninstalled but stuck on the program list: If anything can go wrong it will. Is there a way to fox half-done uninstalls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-uninstalled-but-stuck-on-the-program-list/9bc2bf97-db32-49cf-afaa-e935400e3483
  7. How to uninstall Programs not listed in Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Programs not listed in Control Panel in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When a program installs on Windows 10, it also comes with an uninstaller. It is mandatory for every application to offer a script that will, on program uninstallation, clean up all related files & Registry entries. Many a time, because [...] This post How to...
  8. Program not listed to be able to uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program not listed to be able to uninstall: When navigating to Control Panel/Programs to be able to uninstall Quicken, The program is not listed to be able to uninstall. The program is installed and I can locate in the Program Files, but is not listed to uninstall. I have heard that if I were to just delete the...
  9. Uninstall a Program not listed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall a Program not listed: I need to uninstall a program: ByteFence Anti-Malware. I go to Control Panel, Programs, but it is not listed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/uninstall-a-program-not-listed/09c82a54-4bf9-4489-a097-eb1a95ba755a
  10. list recently uninstalled programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    list recently uninstalled programs: Hi, Whats the best way to list any recent uninstalls? 110041