Windows 10: Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected.

Discus and support Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10, settings says I am not connected to internet, wifi or Ethernet, some apps[m.s. weather says no connection] but yet I can surf, send receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michaelmouse, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected.

Windows 10, settings says I am not connected to internet, wifi or Ethernet, some apps[m.s. weather says no connection] but yet I can surf, send receive email, steam movies on tv. Your phone app connects sometime.

:)

michaelmouse, Mar 6, 2021

2. internet not connecting

Hi,

I recently reformatted a computer and when I tried to connect to the internet it wouldn't work. The computer is an IBM and I have loaded Windows XP.

All the settings are the same with internet connections as the settings in my other computers in the house but it still wont connect.

Using cable and on ADSL.

Thank you.

Kymberly_S, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Internet connection speeds

I'm really curious about this, considering the amount of hoopla every major internet connection provider likes to claim about their services, and many times exaggerated just to help their own sales . . .

So, with that in mind, anyone willing to post up their download/upload connection speeds, and we can see just how much of a difference there is in the various internet connection types.

Hit up Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test, choose the location closest to your home and begin the test, afterwards, copy and paste your result here. Also, please list what type of connection you have (dial-up, cable, DSL, VDSL, FiOS, etc) - if you are running through an ethernet connection, please also list whether it's a direct connection, or your LAN/WiFi connection speeds.

So, I guess I'lll start:

Verizon standard DSL - D-Link 802.11g 54Mbps

Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected. 189114715.png

imperialreign, Mar 6, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected.

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected.

1. Settings reports no internet connection but I am connected. - Similar Threads - Settings reports internet

2. I am connected to the Internet but not to the Store!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am connected to the Internet but not to the Store!: Every time I go online the browsers work perfectly, but when I use the store apps or Xbox apps on Windows 10 I get an error and won't connect, it helps because I don't want to reset my entire system....
  3. Not connected - Connections available, however I am connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not connected - Connections available, however I am connected to the internet: The biggest issue with this is that I can't access anything related to Office 365 and onedrive. Any help files or resources with Word or Excel do not work because of this supposed, no connection. I have tried several fixes, ran network troubleshooting, rebooted, and nothing...
  4. Not connected to the internet, but I am!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not connected to the internet, but I am!: overnight windows has decided to stop working correctly and forced an update to version 2004. internet gone slow is an understatement although I am still connected. Steam, Origin, blizzard and epic sign in but say I'm offline. it also times out when searching on Microsoft...
  5. I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?: I am connected and it sais no internet connection? And when i trouble shoot i get "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" and i cant remember what i did but i reset some wifi things from my wifi. submitted by /u/BigBrainViktor [link] [comments]...
  6. I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.

I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.: My computer shows "not connected to network" and "wi-fi symbol with asterix", however, I am indeed connected to the internet. Furthermore, it shows a normal wi-fi connected symbol at the Windows 10 log-in page, but when I log-in, the problem above occurs. I can use the...
  7. Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection" - LAN Settings Reports Internet...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solitaire Collection Reports "No Internet Connection" - LAN Settings Reports Internet...: I'm really tired of this. Solitaire Collection reports I am not connected to the internet even though I can browse any website, even though LAN settings reports I am connected. I have tried to reset the Microsoft store using wsreset as an administrator. I have tried the...
  8. Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection

Connected to internet but computer falsely reporting no connection: Hi I have a Windows 7 Laptop that I recently upgraded to Windows 10. About a week after the upgrade the Internet Icon and the Wi-Fi page in settings have been falsely reporting that I have no internet connection. Yet I am on the internet. I can use Chrome and all other...
  9. I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am connected to internet, but icon shows not connected.: My computer shows "not connected to network" and "wi-fi symbol with asterix", however, I am indeed connected to the internet. Furthermore, it shows a normal wi-fi connected symbol at the Windows 10 log-in page, but when I log-in, the problem above occurs. I can use the...
  10. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect: I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available. I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the...