Windows 10: Settings restricted by IT and should not be?

Discus and support Settings restricted by IT and should not be? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is my home PC and nothing more Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042. Ver 20H2 O/S Build 19042.746 This was a Clean install on 05/2020 and should have no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by InsUW., Feb 1, 2021.

1. InsUW. Win User

Settings restricted by IT and should not be?

This is my home PC and nothing more

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042. Ver 20H2 O/S Build 19042.746

This was a Clean install on 05/2020 and should have no restrictions on it and yet I have come across several instances that settings are restricted by IT

Ransomware protection gives me this

Settings restricted by IT and should not be? af7ee025-4453-4eca-8310-a4ee0aa968dc?upload=true.jpg

I am the Admin and can find no reason for any restrictions to exist? How do I find the root cause and remove any restrictions like this?

:)

InsUW., Feb 1, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Settings restricted by IT and should not be? - Similar Threads - Settings restricted should

2. Clipboard Settings Restriction on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clipboard Settings Restriction on Windows 10 Home: When I attempt to access the clipboard settings, all the settings are greyed out and at the top it says *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. I have one administrator account on this computer ONLY, that doesn't even have a Microsoft account...
  3. AD permissions not set in restricted locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD permissions not set in restricted locations: Hi Team I've joined a team where i've replaced a Tech which it seems he modified the AD permissions so users can access locations which permissions and groups which are set they are not in.Basically iam hoping some kind guy could give me a starting point on the best way...
  4. AD permissions not set in restricted locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AD permissions not set in restricted locations: Hi Team I've joined a team where i've replaced a Tech which it seems he modified the AD permissions so users can access locations which permissions and groups which are set they are not in.Basically iam hoping some kind guy could give me a starting point on the best way...
  5. setting restrictions for kids

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setting restrictions for kids: When I set time limits for my kids it will shut down their use after the set time. There is then a button where they can send an email to me to request more time or they can hit my parent is right here and I can enter my password to grant them more time. However, there is...
  6. Photo App - Restrict "Set As"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo App - Restrict "Set As": Hi, we lock down the ability for users to set their own lock screen/background images. But, this can be bypassed by opening an image in the Photos app, right click > Set as lock screen. How do we restrict that ability? submitted by /u/shamalam91 [link] [comments]...
  7. Setting parental restrictions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting parental restrictions: My son has set himself as an administrator on his new Lenovo laptop. I want to set internet restrictions for him but unable because he is an administrator. Please help me to set parental restrictions. Thank you much Steven...
  8. App and browser setting restriction

App and browser setting restriction: Please help me to get rid of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-and-browser-setting-restriction/0317b4c9-7421-4bd8-bfba-e847400e0cf0
  9. App and browser setting restriction

App and browser setting restriction: Please help me to get rid of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/app-and-browser-setting-restriction/0317b4c9-7421-4bd8-bfba-e847400e0cf0
  10. Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?: I have a Lenovo T450s with a 4G card and a data plan through T-Mobile. Since I pay per GB, I'd like to limit data usage. Under Settings->Network and Internet->Data Usage->Edit, there is a "Restrict Background Data" with the option Always, When I'm Near My Limit, and Never....