Windows 10: Settings says I am using a local account, but in the accounts page it says I am using a...

Discus and support Settings says I am using a local account, but in the accounts page it says I am using a... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So basically in the settings app on windows it says I am using a local account but I want to use a Microsoft account. I am signed in to my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MilesEvans1, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Settings says I am using a local account, but in the accounts page it says I am using a...

So basically in the settings app on windows it says I am using a local account but I want to use a Microsoft account. I am signed in to my Microsoft account, but every time I close a Microsoft app it signs me out despite clicking stay signed in. Please can you tell me how to fix this issue?

:)

MilesEvans1, Apr 2, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Settings says I am using a local account, but in the accounts page it says I am using a... :(

Zakin, Apr 2, 2021
  4. mafia97 Win User

Settings says I am using a local account, but in the accounts page it says I am using a...

Youtube disabled my account, help please

the page where is said account disabled , it also showed a link saying next step is to contact us,
    i ran that link and reported the problem, still no reply

mafia97, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Settings says I am using a local account, but in the accounts page it says I am using a...

1. Settings says I am using a local account, but in the accounts page it says I am using a... - Similar Threads - Settings says using

2. My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is saying I am using more space than I actually am: I am currently trying to free up storage on my PC ; under the "installed apps" tab in my storage, it says that I am using 61Gb's of storage, but when I open up the tab I only count around 8Gb's being used....
  3. Profanity Filter & Account says I am underage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profanity Filter & Account says I am underage?: I am not a child, and I do not want a profanity filter on my account, and I also want to be able to purchase a realm. I am not a part of a family, yet restrictions still apply. Someone help me remove this so I can have fun with my few friends in our realm. I will say...
  4. Profanity Filter & Account says I am underage?

Profanity Filter & Account says I am underage?: I am not a child, and I do not want a profanity filter on my account, and I also want to be able to purchase a realm. I am not a part of a family, yet restrictions still apply. Someone help me remove this so I can have fun with my few friends in our realm. I will say...
  5. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.: My PC says that I am using 449 gigabytes when I counted up how much I was using on apps & features, other people, pictures, documents, and temporary files and it amounted to 38.71 gigabytes. It says that apps and features are using 397 gigabytes, which is most of the storage...
  6. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.: My PC says that I am using 449 gigabytes when I counted up how much I was using on apps & features, other people, pictures, documents, and temporary files and it amounted to 38.71 gigabytes. It says that apps and features are using 397 gigabytes, which is most of the storage...
  7. PC says that I am using more storage than I actually am.

8. Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am

Wifi Says I am Not Connected But I am: Currently on Windows 10 and it says I'm not connected to the internet but I am.When I look at my router/modem it says no internet secured but I can use the internet and web browser just fine.I have reset my mode through Xfinity and have reset at Netgear router level. Nothing...
  9. I am local account administrator but

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am local account administrator but: I am local account administrator but do not have the rights to stop windows defender. Just switched from Windows 7 2days ago. I am the only person on this computer and had no problems with windows 7. 10 is a strange animal to me. Thanks Richard...
  10. Account says I am administrator, but when saving files says I am not

Account says I am administrator, but when saving files says I am not: Hello, I am attempting to record music and when I try to save the file, it says I do not have authorization and to contact the administrator. My account states that I am an administrator and I am the only user on this device. I ran cmd and typed net user...