Windows 10: settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the...

Discus and support settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Settings says my computer is NOT compatible with Windows 11. PC Health Check says it is compatible. I clicked the Get Windows 11 button. It took me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LoisJW, Jan 31, 2022.

1. LoisJW Win User

settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the...

Settings says my computer is NOT compatible with Windows 11. PC Health Check says it is compatible. I clicked the Get Windows 11 button. It took me back to setttings which says my computer isn't compatible. So, I'm in a loop. What's the next step? This is a Dell XPS 8390 with TPM 2.0, 16 gig of RAM, plenty of space on Hard Drive C, and an i5 core.

:)

LoisJW, Jan 31, 2022

2. PC Health Check - Windows 11

So I downloaded the PC Health Check app on my Laptop to see if it will run Windows 11 and the message says "This PC can't run Windows 11". So my question is, will there be a workaround to bypass that when Windows 11 comes available to download? I just think that's dumb that it's not compatible, considering this computer is less than a year old. Laptop in reference is an HP 255 G7.

Picture included for example:

settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the... [​IMG]

Windows 10 Version 21H1

Jesse Williams, Jan 31, 2022
  3. PC Health Check - Windows 11

The same here :
    settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the... [​IMG]

Specs :

good start...........*sarc

buglocker2, Jan 31, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the...

“Your organization manages updates on this PC” Win 11 PC Health Check

Hi, in the following you will see a second tool which you can try- 3rd party. Note these do not give a comprehensive account. In the rest of the the data I have collated, as the site ie getting many of these queries, you will find other aspects to check.

This suggests you or a 3rd party tool has set a registry value equivalent to a group policy. Organisations use group policy, that's where that comes. (Individual users with Pro up can use that too). You don't say if you have Home or Pro.

Have you perhaps disabled or configured Windows Update by some means?

2 tools to check compatibility:
    PC Health Check - Windows 11
    – may not (yet) be completely reliable.
    You could try this tool... it will tell you "why" you are failing...

3rd Party tool to check for Win 11 compatibility - GitHub | Windows 11 Forum

Specifications:
    Introducing Windows 11
    Find Windows 11 specs, features, and computer requirements
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...specifications

Full specification:
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...ndows%2011.pdf

Graphics:
    Only machines after about 2015 can support Direct X 12 graphics.
    Try dxdiag.exe on yours e.g. from a Run box

CPU:
    You can check to see if your CPU is in this list:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...tel-processors

TPM
    Check whether you have TPM 2 and if it’s enabled: run
    tpm.msc
    from e.g. a run command.

dalchina, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

1. settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the... - Similar Threads - settings says computer

2. PC Health Check says I can update to Windows 11, but when I go to settings it says my PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check says I can update to Windows 11, but when I go to settings it says my PC...: My current motherboard is the ASRock B450M Pro4. My PC supports Secure Boot, I have TPM 2.0. My processor is an AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, I have 16GB of Ram, and more than 64GB of space on my SSD Free. I have 8 processor cores. I have everything I need to in order to update to...
  3. PC Health Check says I can run windows 11, settings says I can't. What.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check says I can run windows 11, settings says I can't. What.: I don't know what else to do, I was having issues with my TPM but Health Check says I resolved the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-check-says-i-can-run-windows-11-settings/b3de46bc-77b9-48e7-b898-a1bceddd286c
  4. PC Health Check says I can run windows 11, settings says I can't. What.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Health Check says I can run windows 11, settings says I can't. What.: I don't know what else to do, I was having issues with my TPM but Health Check says I resolved the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-health-check-says-i-can-run-windows-11-settings/b3de46bc-77b9-48e7-b898-a1bceddd286c
  5. settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the...

settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the...: Settings says my computer is NOT compatible with Windows 11. PC Health Check says it is compatible. I clicked the Get Windows 11 button. It took me back to setttings which says my computer isn't compatible. So, I'm in a loop. What's the next step? This is a Dell XPS 8390 with...
  6. settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    settings says my computer can't run Win 11, but PC Health Check says it can. What's the...: Settings says my computer is NOT compatible with Windows 11. PC Health Check says it is compatible. I clicked the Get Windows 11 button. It took me back to setttings which says my computer isn't compatible. So, I'm in a loop. What's the next step? This is a Dell XPS 8390 with...
  7. PC Health Check doesn't say if I can run Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Check doesn't say if I can run Windows 11: Hi, I ran the Windows 11 installation assistant, it said my PC didn't meet the min system requirements and to check the PC Health Check app. That app said to enable TPM 2.0.I went to my Gigabyte Bios, disabled CSM, enabled Secure Boot, and turned on TPM. Now, PC Health Check...
  8. PC Health Check doesn't say if I can run Windows 11

PC Health Check doesn't say if I can run Windows 11: Hi, I ran the Windows 11 installation assistant, it said my PC didn't meet the min system requirements and to check the PC Health Check app. That app said to enable TPM 2.0.I went to my Gigabyte Bios, disabled CSM, enabled Secure Boot, and turned on TPM. Now, PC Health Check...
  9. Computer Says Windows 11 Not Supported But Health Check Says It Is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Says Windows 11 Not Supported But Health Check Says It Is: Good Day, I went in and updated so that secure boot up was enabled on the computer and ran health check again. Health check says the computer is ready to install windows but the windows update app says the computer is not compatible. I am using an AMD Ryzen system that is...
  10. Computer Says Windows 11 Not Supported But Health Check Says It Is

Computer Says Windows 11 Not Supported But Health Check Says It Is: Good Day, I went in and updated so that secure boot up was enabled on the computer and ran health check again. Health check says the computer is ready to install windows but the windows update app says the computer is not compatible. I am using an AMD Ryzen system that is...