Windows 10: Settings says my computer is up to date, but it doesn't say that I've updated my computer...

Discus and support Settings says my computer is up to date, but it doesn't say that I've updated my computer... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry if this is kind of complicated. So a few days ago, I found that my computer needed restarting for an update, specifically KB4556799. I paused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amberjadely, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Settings says my computer is up to date, but it doesn't say that I've updated my computer...

Sorry if this is kind of complicated.

So a few days ago, I found that my computer needed restarting for an update, specifically KB4556799. I paused it because I didn't want to update in case of bugs, or worse, blue screen of death. 2 days ago, I accidentally resumed the update but I caught it while it was at 0% and paused it again. In the update history it said "Failed to install on ‎2020-‎06-‎13 - 0x8024000b" which made sense, it failed to install because I paused it.

Today, I wanted to create a backup first, but to backup, I had to restart my computer. When I restarted it, it was saying "Updating __%" and it went up to 33% before the screen going to the Acronis screen a third-party backup tool I was using.

In the end, I closed it and didn't end up making the backup so it went to the normal screen where I logged in, etc. I logged in and went to settings and I resumed updates because I thought "whatever, it's probably fine since they made another update", but then it said "You're up to date"? So I was thinking "Ah, it updated when I restarted my computer." But when I go into the update history, it didn't say that? The latest entry in the update history is "Failed to install on ‎2020-‎06-‎13 - 0x8024000b". What? Did the update not install after all? Then why does it say my computer is up to date?

Basically, my computer is apparently up to date but it doesn't say it updated in the update history. Should I be concerned or should I just not worry about it?

:)

Amberjadely, Jun 15, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Settings says my computer is up to date, but it doesn't say that I've updated my computer... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 15, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 15, 2020
  4. brummyfan Win User

Settings says my computer is up to date, but it doesn't say that I've updated my computer...

Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date

When I checked my updates in View updates, there are no updates listed but in settings it says my system is up to date,
    This is on a 10049 updated from 10041, apart from this it works reasonably well.

Settings says my computer is up to date, but it doesn't say that I've updated my computer... [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Settings says my computer is up to date, but it doesn't say that I've updated my computer...

1. Settings says my computer is up to date, but it doesn't say that I've updated my computer... - Similar Threads - Settings says computer

2. My computer says no output devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer says no output devices.: My computer said out of the blue that there are no output devices. And right now, I can't turn up my volume or hear my speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-no-output-devices/e3ed38d1-b89d-4028-9c70-e6858fc91313
  3. my account says out of date settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my account says out of date settings: ive tried multiple time to fix my account i have tried changing it and they keep saying not right even though i know its right how do i sort out my account because litterally ten years of my life is in that one account and now i cant access it and evry time i get the same bs...
  4. Update assistant(x) says my machine is up-to-date but Settings>Update&Security(y) says I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update assistant(x) says my machine is up-to-date but Settings>Update&Security(y) says I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/humphreiy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ha1wr9/update_assistantx_says_my_machine_is_uptodate_but/
  5. My PC says It was Up to date, but..........

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC says It was Up to date, but..........: My PC Runs Windows 1909. But, after i rolled back my Windows 10 from a Preview Build It shows Attention Needed and when i clicked it, it shows your PC is up to date also Showing a Red Exclamation Mark. Is this normal, or is it bad? Because I already Restarted my PC and It...
  6. my computer says it is locked.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my computer says it is locked.: Trying to type up a letter but the computer says its locked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-says-it-is-locked/db68d2b6-74d3-4464-b958-67ef71d9b163"
  7. Media Reports Emergency Windows Update Today, but my computer says it is up to date from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Reports Emergency Windows Update Today, but my computer says it is up to date from...: Greetings! I just saw a news report dated Tuesday, September 24, 2019, (today): "Microsoft send another warning: Update Windows now to fix critical security issues". I just tried to update, but my computer only indicates that I received an update on 9/13-KB4515384 (OS Build...
  8. antivirus says drivers out of date, but the computer says they are up to date

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    antivirus says drivers out of date, but the computer says they are up to date: my "Avast free" antivirus program keeps popping up, telling me that my drivers are out of date it won't update the drivers unless i "upgrade" to a paid subscription. when i go into my computer's settings and and go to device manager and try to update the allegedly...
  9. files on my computer says paint.net

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    files on my computer says paint.net: but I don't use paint.net and I never will C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Dlna\DeviceIcons\51cc4678-13e8-418f-bd2e-bf3729ccf422_0.jpg...
  10. Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date: When I checked my updates in View updates, there are no updates listed but in settings it says my system is up to date, This is on a 10049 updated from 10041, apart from this it works reasonably well. [img] [img] 5150