Windows 10: Settings search has never worked

Discus and support Settings search has never worked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had my Tablet PC for about 5 years. In this time the Search function has never worked, it just does not find anything I enter. It could be of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Nov 16, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Settings search has never worked

I have had my Tablet PC for about 5 years. In this time the Search function has never worked, it just does not find anything I enter. It could be of some use if it did.

Regarding a related point, it is clear MS has not yet been able to carry out the planned replacement of Control Panel with Settings. I am not much bothered by that but why not simply enable the Search box in Settings to find the Control Panel? While not being the complete integration promised some years ago, it would be part way there, and maybe simple to implement.

:)

clayto, Nov 16, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 16, 2019
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Settings search has never worked

Settings search not working

Yeah, this doesn't work. I have tried most of the suggested methods and none of them work. I'm guessing that will mean I need to reinstall windows?

Ethan Mclean, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Settings search has never worked

1. Settings search has never worked - Similar Threads - Settings search has

2. Search does not work correctly Enter key never works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search does not work correctly Enter key never works: Win10 Home with all updates and feature updates installedI have already tried everything here including Troubleshooter and powershell script: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/fix-problems-in-windows-searchHello! Thanks for the...
  3. Search does not work correctly Enter key never works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search does not work correctly Enter key never works: Win10 Home with all updates and feature updates installedI have already tried everything here including Troubleshooter and powershell script: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/fix-problems-in-windows-searchHello! Thanks for the...
  4. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello PIN set to never but no working: After the Pc wakes up, it asks for PIN.How to disable this?My "Require sign-in settings" is set to "Never"My "Power options" doesn't have "Require a password on wakeup yes/no"I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  5. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello PIN set to never but no working: After the Pc wakes up, it asks for PIN.How to disable this?My "Require sign-in settings" is set to "Never"My "Power options" doesn't have "Require a password on wakeup yes/no"I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  6. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Settings search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings search not working: My settings search is not working it keeps showing no result . I have tried everything sfc scan, dism scan , troubleshoot searching index. I found out that SearchUi.exe is suspended . How should I fix this? Also if I create a new account the settings search works...
  8. Search Settings not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Settings not working: When I go in the Windows settings app and search for something, it just says "No results for blank". [ATTACH] After a bit of research, I found that the problem might be that my "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState"...
  9. Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Plan Settings set to Never does not work: We are trying to set up our windows 10 1803 clients so the screen does not turn off, or time out, or sleep so that our applications can stay live an active and we don't have to log back in again after a period of time. We have tried setting the Power & Sleep to Never and...
  10. Settings search not working

in Cortana
    Settings search not working: I'm not getting any results, even though it appears to be searching for quite a long time, given how easy it hopefully is for a computer. So how can I make it work? What exact circumstances need to be met, in order for search in settings to work? I'm on Windows...