Windows 10: Settings search not working

Discus and support Settings search not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My settings search is not working it keeps showing no result . I have tried everything sfc scan, dism scan , troubleshoot searching index. I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeshavMaiya, May 17, 2020.

1. Settings search not working

My settings search is not working it keeps showing no result .

I have tried everything sfc scan, dism scan , troubleshoot searching index.

I found out that SearchUi.exe is suspended .

How should I fix this?

Also if I create a new account the settings search works perfectly in the new account but still the same in the old one. Settings search not working 4bd4a26c-0c90-4ba9-ac4a-e500099d4735?upload=true.png

:)

KeshavMaiya, May 17, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 17, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 17, 2020
  4. Settings search not working

Safe Search set to strict in Internet Explorer

Hello Narayan,

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to change your Bing Safe Search settings:

Go to
    My my, it's Syttende Mai

• Click the Gear (Preferences) icon towards the top right side of the page.

• In the SafeSearch section, select your desired setting:

• Strict – Filter adult text, images and videos from your search results.

• Moderate – Filter adult images and videos but not text from your search results.

• Off – Don’t filter adult content from your search results.

• Click Save
    Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Settings search not working

1. Settings search not working - Similar Threads - Settings search working

2. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings and search not working anymore.: i noticed 3 days ago that that my settings app no longer opens, it just flashes in screen when i click, and trying in to troubleshoot that i discovered that Search also does not respond at all. my computer has been set to automatically apply updates so I do not know for sure...
  3. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings and search not working anymore.: i noticed 3 days ago that that my settings app no longer opens, it just flashes in screen when i click, and trying in to troubleshoot that i discovered that Search also does not respond at all. my computer has been set to automatically apply updates so I do not know for sure...
  4. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. search bar and settings not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar and settings not working: my bottom left search bar is not working and when i try to open settings it closes immediately, i ran sfc /scnannow and all it said was that there was corrupt files it couldnt fix.anything would helpthanks...
  6. search bar and settings not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar and settings not working: my bottom left search bar is not working and when i try to open settings it closes immediately, i ran sfc /scnannow and all it said was that there was corrupt files it couldnt fix.anything would helpthanks...
  7. Search button not working and settings app not working.

in Cortana
    Search button not working and settings app not working.: My question is self-explanatory, I have small icons enabled so there's a search button not a bar, activated Win 10 Pro Installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-button-not-working-and-settings-app-not/43a2205d-9c74-4ec9-936e-fb24c9b253fa
  8. Search Settings not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Settings not working: When I go in the Windows settings app and search for something, it just says "No results for blank". [ATTACH] After a bit of research, I found that the problem might be that my "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState"...
  9. Settings search not working

in Cortana
    Settings search not working: I'm not getting any results, even though it appears to be searching for quite a long time, given how easy it hopefully is for a computer. So how can I make it work? What exact circumstances need to be met, in order for search in settings to work? I'm on Windows...
  10. Setting search stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setting search stopped working: it used to work before, now it stopped, I tried everything, sfc, DISM checks, says nothing wrong, checked Indexes in windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy/LocalState there was nothing, made another account, there was nothing in LocalState folder but setting search...