Windows 10: Settings shaded so I can't change.

Discus and support Settings shaded so I can't change. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo L-340 Laptop that is 17 months old running windows 10 home. I have been the only User since it was new but there are settings that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JRP12-425, Nov 16, 2020.

1. JRP12-425 Win User

Settings shaded so I can't change.

I have a Lenovo L-340 Laptop that is 17 months old running windows 10 home. I have been the only User since it was new but there are settings that I can't change such as "Project to this PC" because the button is shaded and in the ON position. What makes this really strange is at the top of the settings page it says "This device doesn't support Miracast, so you can not project to it wirelessly." It baffles me why I can't turn it to the OFF position. Thanks in advance for any input you can give. JRP12-425.

:)

JRP12-425, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 16, 2020
  3. JRP12-425 Win User
    Windows 10 Shaded out Settings

I have recently been in contact with Microsoft Support about settings in Windows 10 that reset or change from the settings I apply, and settings that are shaded out so I can't control or apply changes to them. One such setting is Project to this PC. It is
    ON and every thing is shaded out. X-box settings will be tuned on to record my game and audio, and Broadcast settings will also change from my settings. Share my connection turns on . The uninstall apps buttons are shaded out on 15 of the 27 apps that are
    installed. This PC is my personal Laptop and I am the only person to have ever used it since new. Is this every ones experience with Win. 10 settings? Thanks in advance for any input.

JRP12-425, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Settings shaded so I can't change.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

Settings shaded so I can't change.

1. Settings shaded so I can't change. - Similar Threads - Settings shaded can't

2. Monitor shade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor shade: Is there any way software to manipulate a virtual shade to hide/reveal portions of text? I used to do this when I used a SMART board. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-shade/45603410-c448-48c5-b1d6-36ea2f9fb125
  3. Monitor shade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor shade: Is there any way software to manipulate a virtual shade to hide/reveal portions of text? I used to do this when I used a SMART board. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-shade/45603410-c448-48c5-b1d6-36ea2f9fb125
  4. Monitor shade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. I can't open my settings and if i open settings so it's so only blue display... please...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open my settings and if i open settings so it's so only blue display... please...: I can't open my settings and if i open settings so it's so only blue display... please solve it.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-my-settings-and-if-i-open-settings-so/9d5ff69e-f870-41bb-ae83-66674fd2c4fa
  6. Can't change brightness setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change brightness setting: I can't change the brightness setting on my laptop. I've tried going to Device Manager and updating the drivers, disabling and enabling, restarting the computer. I have a XPS 15 9500, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit. Under Display Adapters- IntelR UHD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce...
  7. Windows 10 Shaded out Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Shaded out Settings: I have recently been in contact with Microsoft Support about settings in Windows 10 that reset or change from the settings I apply, and settings that are shaded out so I can't control or apply changes to them. One such setting is Project to this PC. It is ON and every thing...
  8. I can't Change my privacy setting!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't Change my privacy setting!: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Model XPS 13 9360 System Type x64-based PC I can switch camera and mic setting from "Off" to "On" but it doesn't stick. Have I been pwned? Demoted out of Admin status?...
  9. Desktop Icon text changing color and shading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon text changing color and shading: Hello all! I have a unique question I haven't found an answer to. My 85 year old grandfather has an old Windows 7 computer we recently upgraded to 10. So far he loves it! But... His desktop icon text is normally black with no shadow, but sometimes after he closes programs...
  10. Resolution setting. Everything is magnified so big I can't navigate to change it back.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution setting. Everything is magnified so big I can't navigate to change it back.: Hello all, This is for a Dell laptop Windows 10 I was messing around with the display settings to make it fit my TV and I changed everything I could see and then I changed something that I can't recall what it was labeled, but it said "not recommended" As a last ditch...