Windows 10: "Settings" shortcut

Discus and support "Settings" shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have just reinstalled from the recovery partition on my DEL XPS 9560 W 10 Laptop. All updates have been installed MS & DELL. I would like a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Oleg6, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Oleg6 Win User

"Settings" shortcut

Hi I have just reinstalled from the recovery partition on my DEL XPS 9560 W 10 Laptop. All updates have been installed MS & DELL. I would like a few adjustments made, to return it to what I had prior to the re-install.

# 1 A Setting shortcut on my Desktop, I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it last time but all instructions I have so far do not apply to my system. I understand how to make a shortcut but where is it's target??? Where is the "Settings" app?? Where is my shortcut going?

#2 Is it possible to get the EDGE notifications off the Spotlight screen? I like the pictures but I don't want the endless calling to look at me! Try me! but don't click to close or you'll open me.

Thanks in advance, #1 is the most important, # 2 is just an irritant.

:)

Oleg6, Jan 11, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else."Settings" shortcut :)

terrace, Jan 11, 2021
  3. "Settings" shortcut no longer launches the application.

Hi,

We need more information regarding your concern with your Settings shortcut. So that we can assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Settings shortcut are you pertaining to? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the shortcut that you mentioned.
    • When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Are you getting any error messages?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

"Settings" shortcut

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

"Settings" shortcut

1. "Settings" shortcut - Similar Threads - Settings shortcut

2. Setting spotify as my main music player for a keyboard shortcut.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting spotify as my main music player for a keyboard shortcut.: I have been trying to get spotify to be my main musical player all morning. I simply want to be able to press my media button on my remote keyboard and start spotify. I have tried two things so far one of them failed and the other one I simply cannot perform due my own...
  3. How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings?

How to create a shortcut directly into the sublevel option of the Taskbar settings?: How to create a shortcut directly into the Taskbar > 'Select which icons appear on the taskbar?' The closest I got was digging this up on an ancient forum: "explorer.exe shell:::{05d7b0f4-2121-4eff-bf6b-ed3f69b894d9}," but this only generated an ancient view of that same...
  4. Personal settings, desktop shortcuts and folder icon missing,automatic update when i didn't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personal settings, desktop shortcuts and folder icon missing,automatic update when i didn't...: Hi team, Without any notification, my desktop display and all old settings changed automatically. Then i checked in windows update but its already off. I had arranged all things as per suitability , so that i can find it in easy way. i don't need this feature....
  5. Seeking shortcut or help setting up a batch/macro to reset HD audio drivers.

Seeking shortcut or help setting up a batch/macro to reset HD audio drivers.: Good evening everyone! Current Windows 10 version: 10.0.18363 Current Nvidia GPU drivers: 460.89 The problem: Display (television) is connected to GPU via HDMI cable. When the display falls asleep, the audio driver loses track of the display. Seems like the problem comes...
  6. Can't open system settings shortcuts from start!

Can't open system settings shortcuts from start!: Hello I can't open any settings from windows search, for example when I search and open mouse settings, I get an error that says "The app does not have an app associated with it...". Does anyone have any idea why it's not working? how can I reset these shortcuts? Please check...
  7. set shortcut windows to open MAXIMIZED many at one time

in Windows 10 Customization
    set shortcut windows to open MAXIMIZED many at one time: why doesn't windows allow you to do this you guys? see images below. I am selecting 20 shortcuts on the DT. and the dialog doesn't give this option. why? all the types of links are the same. makes no sense. = [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search

Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search: When I start for Windows settings, such as personalisation, nothing appears. Additionally, shortcuts located in these two locations %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs will not appear in my search. What I...
  9. Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search

in Cortana
    Start menu shortcuts and settings not appearing in start menu search: When I start for Windows settings, such as personalisation, nothing appears. Additionally, shortcuts located in these two locations %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs will not appear in my search. What I...
  10. Best way to make keyboard shortcut to change Display Settings and Audio Settings in one go?

Best way to make keyboard shortcut to change Display Settings and Audio Settings in one go?: DisplayFusion gets close, but I need a way to immediately disable two of my monitors, and enable a third connected monitor, while also changing to the audio source to that third monitor. submitted by /u/nolongerlowres [link] [comments]...