Windows 10: "Settings" shortcut

Discus and support "Settings" shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have just reinstalled from the recovery partition on my DEL XPS 9560 W 10 Laptop. All updates have been installed MS & DELL. I would like a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Oleg6, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Oleg6 Win User

"Settings" shortcut

Hi I have just reinstalled from the recovery partition on my DEL XPS 9560 W 10 Laptop. All updates have been installed MS & DELL. I would like a few adjustments made, to return it to what I had prior to the re-install.

# 1 A Setting shortcut on my Desktop, I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it last time but all instructions I have so far do not apply to my system. I understand how to make a shortcut but where is it's target??? Where is the "Settings" app?? Where is my shortcut going?

#2 Is it possible to get the EDGE notifications off the Spotlight screen? I like the pictures but I don't want the endless calling to look at me! Try me! but don't click to close or you'll open me.

Thanks in advance, #1 is the most important, # 2 is just an irritant.

:)

Oleg6, Jan 11, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else."Settings" shortcut :)

terrace, Jan 11, 2021
  3. "Settings" shortcut no longer launches the application.

Hi,

We need more information regarding your concern with your Settings shortcut. So that we can assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Settings shortcut are you pertaining to? Kindly provide us a screenshot of the shortcut that you mentioned.
    • When did the issue start? Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Are you getting any error messages?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

"Settings" shortcut

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

"Settings" shortcut

1. "Settings" shortcut - Similar Threads - Settings shortcut

2. Rename Shortcut Setting Modification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename Shortcut Setting Modification: The windows rename shortcut setting is changed: For example, the rename shortcut is M, but you want to change it to F2 to rename a file or folder. Currently, folders can be renamed with the F2 shortcut, but the shortcut for desktop files is not F2, so I would like to change...
  3. Rename Shortcut Setting Modification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename Shortcut Setting Modification: The windows rename shortcut setting is changed: For example, the rename shortcut is M, but you want to change it to F2 to rename a file or folder. Currently, folders can be renamed with the F2 shortcut, but the shortcut for desktop files is not F2, so I would like to change...
  4. Rename Shortcut Setting Modification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I set affinity to 4 cores in a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set affinity to 4 cores in a shortcut?: I doing some retro-gaming with Fallout 4. It weas crashing to desktop every few minutes. What finally fixed my issue was going into the task manager and restricting the program to 2 cores. I've read that it will use 4 fine. I came across an article regarding setting affinity...
  6. How do I set affinity to 4 cores in a shortcut?

How do I set affinity to 4 cores in a shortcut?: I doing some retro-gaming with Fallout 4. It weas crashing to desktop every few minutes. What finally fixed my issue was going into the task manager and restricting the program to 2 cores. I've read that it will use 4 fine. I came across an article regarding setting affinity...
  7. Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...: The default setting in OneDrive for shortcuts on the desktop which are stored in the "Desktop" folder in OneDrive is not correct. It should be "Always keep on this device" for the following reasons:1. The ".lnk" files which contain the shortcuts are very small, and would not...
  8. Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...

Why isn't the default setting for desktop shortcuts controlled by OneDrive, "Always keep on...: The default setting in OneDrive for shortcuts on the desktop which are stored in the "Desktop" folder in OneDrive is not correct. It should be "Always keep on this device" for the following reasons:1. The ".lnk" files which contain the shortcuts are very small, and would not...
  9. Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps: I have recently deleted some Google Chrome browser shortcuts from my Windows computer. These browser shortcuts are still appearing as apps in Settings > Apps > Installed apps. How can I delete these references to browser shortcuts that are no longer on my computer? I have...
  10. Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps

Deleted browser shortcuts still appearing in Settings > Apps > Installed apps: I have recently deleted some Google Chrome browser shortcuts from my Windows computer. These browser shortcuts are still appearing as apps in Settings > Apps > Installed apps. How can I delete these references to browser shortcuts that are no longer on my computer? I have...